Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Your thought process is flawed.

HSA's will survive obamacare in the silver/bronze categories.

People with Pre-ex will be able to get major medical in 2014, so no need for indemnity plan.

If serious pre-ex, indemnity plan will never pay off, and your clients will call you crying, and your lawyer better be good and cheap.

Only an indemnity product can offer a rate guarantee, because the insurance company has a defined limited risk.

HHS has come out with benefits required on the exchange, and your product won't make it.

Lots of companies offer a menu of products (Unitedhealth, Assurant, Humana), and if not, being a broker allows you to offer those ancillary products through a different carrier.

Only a true broker is positioned to do what's best for the client. A captive agent has only one trick in their bag.

No, a fixed indemnity plan is not the same as a comprehensive plan. I understand that the USHealth Secure Advantage plan is threatening to the broker world because it isn't subject to health care reform mandates and gives the consumer the control. As with many carriers, USHealth offers a variety of products.

Yes, for anyone with serious pre-existing conditions who can afford an exchange plan, it will be a much better option than a limited benefits plan. I am not sure who your client base is, but for millions of people with pre-ex who have been laid off and lost group benefits, it is the only option to have some coverage. As far as the lawyer comment, it is a "fixed indemnity plan," by definition it pays out set amounts. You people are making assessment on products that you have no experience with.

You are also wrong, a 3 rate lock can be offered on a plan that is NOT a fixed indemnity plan.

I realize you all think you are the end all be all in health insurance and anyone who isn't selling major med is selling garbage. When your egos deflate like your commissions and you really start trying help people meet their needs, we'll still be here helping people. I will welcome you aboard.

Done with this.

No you don't, because the benefit structure of those old plans have all been redesigned and changed first off. Secondly, the comprehensive plan was not available back then.

How many Saver 80, Clear Protections, or countless other cheap major med plans are paying. The Secure advantage plan when compared with a GR Copay Select, BCBS Premier, Humana Enh. Copay, or any other copay option will always win out for three reasons. Price, built in benefits, and rate stabilization.

The game has changed, you're not selling door to door anymore and the vending machine online broker approach does not benefit the client.

Good luck to you guys.

yea...yea...yea...we still have the texas high risk health pool....would put someone there before making a quick buck writing limited health plans......

No you don't, because the benefit structure of those old plans have all been redesigned and changed first off. Secondly, the comprehensive plan was not available back then.

How many Saver 80, Clear Protections, or countless other cheap major med plans are paying. The Secure advantage plan when compared with a GR Copay Select, BCBS Premier, Humana Enh. Copay, or any other copay option will always win out for three reasons. Price, built in benefits, and rate stabilization.

The game has changed, you're not selling door to door anymore and the vending machine online broker approach does not benefit the client.

Good luck to you guys.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No, a fixed indemnity plan is not the same as a comprehensive plan. I understand that the USHealth Secure Advantage plan is threatening to the broker world because it isn't subject to health care reform mandates and gives the consumer the control. As with many carriers, USHealth offers a variety of products.

they talk about your plans in this video.....even show your brochure...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, the game has changed. Those limited benefit type of fixed indemnity plans were sold because many people couldn't qualify medically for traditional health insurance, and they needed a Guaranteed Issue (GI) plan. But GI is coming to the whole industry now through PPACA. So, there is no reason for ANYBODY to sell limited benefit plans.

I'm not actually against a fixed indemnity approach, so long as the benefits are not severely limited as they have been on these types of policies that you are selling. I have yet to see a company that sells fixed indemnity that hasn't also limited the benefits so severely that I cannot in all good conscience sell that product to anybody. I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done. I'm not saying there won't be a market for it to circumvent PPACA's EHB's. But show me the money. Prove yourself. No-one on this thread has yet answered YAgents challenge to compare their plan head-to-head to a traditional $5,000 deductible 100% HSA (including Rx), without add-ons like CI and accident. Use a 40-year-old male non-smoker as your subject for that quote, and show us a side-by-side comparison. Put your money on the table, and show us what you've got.

Last edited:
Yes, the game has changed. Those limited benefit type of fixed indemnity plans were sold because many people couldn't qualify medically for traditional health insurance,

and before the internet so people could investigate their purchase...these plans have been sold to healthy people for years with the pony dance this is all you really need.... the internet killed Mega Life.......

You guys are all missing the whole point. You keep referencing limited benefits plans. Yes, this company does have some limited benefits plans but that isn't what we're talking about.

The Secure Advantage plan is a fully underwritten comprehensive health plan that allows the client to custom tailor the coverage to their needs and budget and then allows them to lock their rates in for up to 36 months. You are misinformed and spreading misinformation. You don't know what you're talking about.

As far as the Guaranteed Issue plans...

In states where high risk pools exist, yes it is a great option for people with pre-ex but many states don't have the option. All state funded PCIP plans must be suspended by March 2 because the government is out of money. Do your research.

Plans offered through the exchanges and the affordable care act will be anything but affordable. What are you going to tell the prospect that cannot afford coverage today? They certainly won't be able to afford it next year.

This coverage is legit. You guys are only kidding yourselves.

You guys are all missing the whole point. You keep referencing limited benefits plans. Yes, this company does have some limited benefits plans but that isn't what we're talking about.

The Secure Advantage plan is a fully underwritten comprehensive health plan that allows the client to custom tailor the coverage to their needs and budget and then allows them to lock their rates in for up to 36 months. You are misinformed and spreading misinformation. You don't know what you're talking about.

As far as the Guaranteed Issue plans...

In states where high risk pools exist, yes it is a great option for people with pre-ex but many states don't have the option. All state funded PCIP plans must be suspended by March 2 because the government is out of money. Do your research.

Plans offered through the exchanges and the affordable care act will be anything but affordable. What are you going to tell the prospect that cannot afford coverage today? They certainly won't be able to afford it next year.

This coverage is legit. You guys are only kidding yourselves.

You may have missed this from Ann:

Prove yourself. No-one on this thread has yet answered YAgents challenge to compare their plan head-to-head to a traditional $5,000 deductible 100% HSA (including Rx), without add-ons like CI and accident. Use a 40-year-old male non-smoker as your subject for that quote, and show us a side-by-side comparison. Put your money on the table, and show us what you've got.

Back