Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Ann H. I actually referenced the most comprehensive plans you sell if you are a broker. Copay Select, BCBS Premier, Humana Enh.. Copay, and the Cigna Open Access plans. Those are the plans we're comparing. My point with the other was that you are not being truthful if you're saying you're not selling Anthem Clear Protection plans or Saver 80 plans to people that have no money because you are.

I have some clients in CO (family of 4) who recently purchased our $6K 70/30% with unlimited lifetime max. $40K of critical illness on the primary and spouse, supplemental accident coverage for all covered up to $25K per injury, per insured which satisfies the ded. & coins. and has a $750 ded. $600 hospital confinement benefit for up 30 days a year after 2 day elimination, and disability coverage of $1500/mo for 12 months on the primary for less the $600/mo. Then we guaranteed the rate for 3 years, no rate increases.

Ran rates to see where were compared to comparable plans for just the health coverage. You build that plan anyway you want and guarantee the rate for 3 years and show me what your premium is?

The only people who are being slick here are the one's who are trying to discredit coverage that they are intimidated by and clueless about.

First, don't call me a liar. I have never sold the Saver 80 plan, not to people with limited budget, and not to people "with no money" as you said. We don't even have Anthem and their Clear Protection plan available in AZ, so I've never sold it either. I've never sold a limited benefit or mini-med. I've been in the business 33 years, and haven't lowered my ethics to sell one of those plans even once. So, be careful before you say things like, "you are not being truthful if you're saying you're not selling Anthem Clear Protection plans or Saver 80 plans to people that have no money because you are."

I'm not against fixed indemnity, but since every one I've seen in the last 20 years or so has been limited benefit, it's a red flag.

Second, thanks for the partial data needed to do a comparison. Let's get the rest of the data and march toward a side-by-side. What zip code?. What age, sex, smoker status for the clients? What products did you sell - put up the bene sums or a link directly to the exact one(s) you sold, with details like the correct deductible, oop, etc. What is the premium breakdown for each product?

Since you say we are "uninformed", then inform us. Pull out the product and rates, and let's look.

I will post all data later Ann.

I am curious what you recommend to your prospects with limited budgets who want copay benefits? I don't know one broker who doesn't sell "value" type plans to consumers with limited budgets. If you are the first who, my apologies. I am in no way saying you are a liar.

You keep referencing "limited benefits" plans and insinuating that USHealth is some sort of scam and nothing could be further from the truth. You aren't registering the fact that this is not "limited benefits" plan. We did have some plans in the past the had issues. Those fixed indemnity plans have been revamped and are the best option in the market place for people who purchase them.

I don't sell a plan that doesn't have critical illness and accident coverage built into it. That is the advantage of this plan. I use to recommend "complete protection" plans to my clients with an HSA qualified plan paired with critical illness and supplemental accident coverage along with any other ancillaries. It proved to be too much for the client to keep up with and know where to start when they needed to use it.

The Secure Advantage plan makes it easy. Everything is housed under one policy and is automated when you file the first claim. It uses Cigna's Great West PPO network and is a terrific, benefit rich plan.

With the 70/30% the oop is $6000 and 80/20% is $3000

I build every plan so that if the client has a critical illness they will have zero exposure and will have money in their pockets to offset their income. And if they have an accident, their exposure is $750. Any other illness works just as a major med, you meet the ded & coins.

Being able to limit the liability of the insured and stabilize their rate long term is the big selling feature of the plan. The plans are designed to fill in the gaps left with many major med policies.

As with any health policy, there are some exclusions but this coverage is great. I will be happy to post the demographic data and we can compare. I have appointments now, so I need to go.

Cheers!

You keep referencing "limited benefits" plans and insinuating that USHealth is some sort of scam and nothing could be further from the truth. You aren't registering the fact that this is not "limited benefits" plan.

Ripoff Report | US Health Career | Complaint Review: 447227

I don't sell a plan that doesn't have critical illness and accident coverage built into it.

we do not either....and do not have an extra charge to cover it......

STIBROKER, I guarantee you that if you list any and all carriers that you work with I can find a ripoff report or some sort of complaint without looking. I also guarantee you that there have been agents that you have worked with or know who have misrepresented details of plans in the past. Does that mean that all agents that you work with or that you do? No it doesn't, nor does it mean that the plans you offer aren't quality.

If you have a major med plan with built in critical illness coverage and supplemental accident coverage that does have an extra premium associate with it, lets see it. I have never heard of such and considering that critical illness is a life product with a living benefit, I find it very hard to believe.

Tell me about your plan with free critical illness benefits and free accident coverage and then tell me how long you guarantee the rates for.

You put this coverage on trial, but tell me what carriers you represent and we can have a debate about their plans and practices. I promise you, I am well versed in most of them.

I'll say one thing, JBHealth, you respond with more knowledge and experience that most sales reps that you find hired by places like this. It will be good to do a fair comparison with you. We will be fair. We might be tough, but we'll be fair. If your products stand, and prove to be quality products, we will say so. Most of us here have been wrong before (Somarco not included). It's less about being right or wrong than about providing the highest quality option to the client, and never leaving a client with a low-benefit plan when there was a viable alternative.

My appointment went great actually, for a moderator you sound a lot like a high school kid trash talking. How about the major med plan with the built in critical illness and accident coverage?

Do you even sell insurance? Just curious. You seem to be the authority on what isn't good. What do you sell mostly? I'd be curious to know, I am very well versed in the current major med rates and options.

Let's here what you've got? Probably more jokes, which are great for humor but not so great for health insurance.

Ann H. I will post the demographic info for you later.

I am done with this forum. I have put all the facts out there, and you can offer a plan the offers more coverage and limits the liability of the insured more than ours I challenge you to do it. Maybe I am way off, show me. Also, if you represent one major med carrier who currently guaranteeing their rates for even one year as Jan. 1, 2013 lets hear that too. At the end of the day people are going to continue to buy this coverage, about $3 million in AV a week now because it is the best alternative to over priced major medical plans, period.

I am curious what you recommend to your prospects with limited budgets who want copay benefits? I don't know one broker who doesn't sell "value" type plans to consumers with limited budgets. If you are the first who, my apologies. I am in no way saying you are a liar.

I don't sell limited benefit plans or "value" plans that cut into the types of services that are covered. I don't sell plans that have no RX, or that have generic-only, or discount-card only Rx. When I counsel the buyer, they usually see why they should buy a traditional plan. If they cannot afford it, we raise the deductible, or raise the oop. But we don't limit the list of covered services, and we don't put drastic caps on benefits (like $5,000 for surgery, for instance). If, after counseling the client, the client disagrees, the client can go elsewhere. End of story. I don't sell policies that I wouldn't sell to my mother.

STIBROKER,
If you have a major med plan with built in critical illness coverage and supplemental accident coverage that does have an extra premium associate with it, lets see it.

all goes toward the deductible..................

Hi Ann H., you seem like a great agent with great ethics. I have similar ethics. I agree with you that HSAs are where the greatest value and savings are today, but now you can't guarantee what the rate is going to be tomorrow, next month, next year or the following year. I have urged many clients to go that route, but often you run into people who are damned and determined to have a copay plan. One with benefits they pay for in premium but seldom use. I was very skeptical of USHealth Advisors initially because of what I had heard about their limited benefits plans in the past. That was until one of my colleagues who wrote about $1.5 million in AV annually left and joined them. I decided to hear what that had say and see their products, and I was really surprised.

The Secure Advantage plan is a comprehensive plan that is head to toe coverage and designed to limit the clients liability by building in ancillaries affordably that reduce their overall exposure. Critical illness, accident coverage, hospital confinement benefits, life insurance, disability, dental, as well as including things like CallMD and a free HRA and the locking the rate in for 3 years at a time. Meaning 1 rate increase over a 6 year period. Is it the cheapest coverage? No, but I believe it is the best option for anyone who wants to have as much control as possible over what they spend in health care. You can custom tailor this coverage in a way that you can’t with any other major med. Separate accident and sickness deductibles if you want, different levels of wellness, rollover doctor visits. It is very innovative.

Our Secure Value and Secure Value Plus plans are fixed indemnity plans that are a good option for those who don’t want a deductible and/or can’t afford or qualify for our Secure Advantage plans. As far as I know they are the only fixed indemnity plan that will allow you to buy up your level of coverage when you need it, even if in the middle of a claim by using our double step up rider. Again, not the first thing I recommend but a good option for some. It is better coverage than the what you described, but is certainly NOT comprehensive coverage.

Then there are our Secure Access plans which limited benefit guaranteed issue plan. For people who live in states that don’t have high risk pools this is often their only option. Others simply cannot afford HIPAA plans or COBRA and need some level of coverage. This covers better than you think, but again is for people who don’t have any other option.

Many people can’t afford health insurance now, so I am not sure how anyone thinks Obamacare is going to improve that scenario when it is going to double the average American’s out of pocket. My job is to advise my clients and help them. I have talked to several of my old clients who have HSAs but want to know more about this coverage and have told them to stay put for now because it was what was best for them. Others who have had ridiculous rate increases and who are tired of paying for maternity benefits and other things they don’t want or need, find great value and love this coverage. And some others I have just helped enhance their current coverage with accident and critical illness coverage.

Some of the agents with this company do not know enough about health insurance and are misinforming them, but the people who are successful with this company are insurance pros and are putting their clients in the best spot possible. The bottom line that we’re all here to advise and help people, and we can’t truly do that with limited information or basing opinions on obsolete products that have been completely overhauled because of their deficiencies. The same happens with every major medical carrier constantly. The plans change coverage and names, and deductibles and it isn’t always for the betterment of the client.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
STIBROKER, do you realize what critical illness coverage is for? It isn't just to protect the insured against deductibles and coinsurance. It is to put cash in their pockets to offset their lost incomes, pay mortgages and car notes, any treatments (experimental cancer treatments) not covered by health insurance. Also, what happens if your client gets hurt and can't work or generate income? What good is that deductible going to do him if he can't work and pay the premium on the policy? If you haven't wrapped your head around the value of ancillary products you are not helping your clients. Do some research on cancer statistics or heart attacks, and then talk deductibles with me. If you were hospitalized tomorrow and couldn't work, who would pay your bills? Who would pay your premium and meet your deductible? It wouldn't be you. Your logic is very short cited and probably all about the commission. It definitely isn't looking out for the client based on the things you post here.

Last edited:
Back