Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

I worked for USHealth Advisors from September 2011 to December 2011. My contract was terminated due to lack of sales. 60 other agents in my region were also on the chopping block, for lack of sales. I am a new Insurance Agent just getting licensed in Florida in March 2011 and had no success prior to USHA either when I was with Aflac as well.

I can’t complain about USHA, I had never heard of them when they contacted me either. They are the sales division of USHealth Group a subsidiary of Freedom Life. I found their training good. They run conference calls with online meetings every day, twice a day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

They have an Online Dialer that calls leads that they manage. So you are your own Call Center. I found the leads to be old, at least 5 years in one case and had very little luck with them. Other agents were more successful, but like anything else it is a numbers game and the more you call the more chance of getting something.

The product they sell is aimed at small business and self-employed individuals, not groups. The Secure Advantage plan uses Great West Cigna PPO which is available in most places and USHA does business in 35 States.

The part I liked the most was the virtual selling. The agents use a PowerPoint presentation done virtually PC to PC. This allows the agent to sell to the entire State and not just local door to door clients. It also eliminates driving to appointments who cancel on you at the last minute. I like the way they use technology and wish more companies would embrace what they do.

I attribute my failure with them because I was a new agent and we all know how hard it can be to get started. I think they may be worth a look if you’re are experienced agent and want to expand your business within your State.

I hope this helped you, good luck.
Hey, I was with USHEalth and I was let go because I informed my trainer that I had to get a full time job. I never intended to leave USHealth. Just needed extra income while I sold insurance. He told the office manager and in a week I received a letter from Freedom Life INsurance company that my contract was terminated. I was confused. Now Freedom life is coming after me because they want me to repay commissions on the one policy I sold. I feel I can dispute this. What can I do about this. Is there anyway I can report them to someone like AM Best or BBB and get them off my back without repaying my commissions?

The truth on USHA Plans:

They are not ACA compliant, and customers can and DO get penalties.

They do not pay the best in the industry, and I can prove it. Other companies offer policies that are the same or better coverage and pay the same or better commissions, however USHA agents lose around 40% of their customers in underwriting. Since they are captive, they can't write the policy anywhere else. So therefore, they don't make as much money as an agent that can write a similar product but also take care of the customer that gets denied.

USHA is a retread of UGA with the same cult recruiting and attitude. Once you are in, they shame other companies and get you to believe that they are the only thing out and the only choice.

The $95 app fee to join is not a major ordeal as they have expenses for stuff to onboard you and probably don't want to deal with someone who can't afford to be an agent.

The leads they get they pass out to like 100 agents for each lead which is why they give out "lots of leads". The ones that work them are the ones that sell and make money, so I get that. But again, they lose business in UW.

If you are a USHA agent or thinking about being one, you should really pop your head up and look around as there are TRULY TRULY TRULY better choices out there, but they will try to convince you otherwise. Don't be a cult member, be a free person.

This company seems to be legit. Thinking about contracting with them but I've need now reconsidering based on some of these posts.

So I'm curious. I keep running across them at networking meetings, etc. They are so pushy and aggressive that I thought they probably got a really high commission. Does anyone want to share what their top commission is?

For an indemnity plan, their plans aren't cheap.

i currently work with the company and can say they have come a long way from 2011, they have new networks as well the underwriting has become more strict, its to protect the rest of the clients in the group. i am in one of the fastest growing and consistent offices and can say that the atmosphere is always positive and of course as every job some are better then others, but we all grow as a team. One thing that i can say about the company is before i came here i have never seen such a "team building" "everyone succeeds" attitude and culture. The worse thing that we have with this company is that some agents don't explain the coverage correctly or enough that the prospect misinterprets the information being presented. feel free to ask me any questions, as long as its not against my compliance id be more then happy to answer

i currently work with the company and can say they have come a long way from 2011, they have new networks as well the underwriting has become more strict, its to protect the rest of the clients in the group. i am in one of the fastest growing and consistent offices and can say that the atmosphere is always positive and of course as every job some are better then others, but we all grow as a team. One thing that i can say about the company is before i came here i have never seen such a "team building" "everyone succeeds" attitude and culture. The worse thing that we have with this company is that some agents don't explain the coverage correctly or enough that the prospect misinterprets the information being presented. feel free to ask me any questions, as long as its not against my compliance id be more then happy to answer
How much did they pay you to say that? :twitchy:

Is your policy a major medical plan? Is it aca compliant? Is it an indemnity plan?

Back