Anyone Know the Skinny on US Health Group?

I was a Dist Mgr with USHG for 2.5yrs, '08-begin of '11, they had ALL major med plans while I was there. But once Obamacare was passed the company wigged.

If you would like details inbox me as I stated on the other thread.

I would love to bend your ear for a few minutes about USHAs. I talked today at length to a recruiter and I liked a great deal about what he said. But I am concerned about the costs and rewards, the captive aspect and company expectations of my time commitment. (I heard leads were free, then someone said that you have to pay for dialer? One post said they want 50 hours a week?) I read many blogs, but who knows if there is any truth to the posts.

Lifesales;

I would love to have a conversation with you about US Health Advisor. Even just for a few minutes. I talked at length to a recruiter today and my interest is definitely peaked. But there might be a different conversation between a working stiff like yourself and a ra-ra recruiter. I want the good, bad and indifferent. I want to make an informed decision. I want to go into this with my eyes wide open.

I have some concerns that maybe you can help me with. Can I make good money selling USHA's plans over the phone and internet? It is not in California yet, so I cannot do any selling in person. I heard they expect you to work 50 hours a week? That they provide leads, but you have to pay for the dialer? Or any other costs I should be aware of?

I have had problems finding my niche. My first love is Medicare and hate to give it up, but I also like a roof over my head. Being homeless is over rated. I just want to settle down and work for the right company. BUT being captive or indebted to the wrong company scares me.

So if you can find a few moments, I would appreciate it. Email me, we can set up a time and date (hopefully asap) and I will call you. Thanks for all your input about the company. I hate that others just want to tear apart things that they may not even know anything about. There must be some good or USHA would not still be in business.

It's run by the same people that used to run Mega. It has limits in the fine print as to the max it will cover. I believe it maxes out at 5 million and the customer is no longer covered just when they need it most.

Would like to chat with someone currently working with USHA. Talking to a recruiter, I have questions, please pm me.
Thanks!

I'll chime in again as it seems that there is more question as to US Health and its offer (Secure Advantage) which has been designed outside of the parameters of Obamacare.

This is a viable coverage that I described in detail on this board about 9 months ago. Again, no, not a limited benefit plan. If you have questions, I encourage you to speak with your recruiter. Currently, this plan has been approved in about 35 states and now US Health has added a small business group plan in most states as well. This can be quite lucrative for the sales rep and in selling this coverage, you can feel proud and confident of what you offer. Plain and simple ... this is a significant discount in most cases vs major carriers and soon-to-be the exchanges. And it includes a three year rate guarantee. The customer may choose a $5M OR an unlimited lifetime benefit.

Underwriting is reasonable in most cases, I've found. And many times, the cases I've input on a Tue or a Wed have paid me my full advance the following Monday.

I am by no means the highest earner, but I will be putting greater effort into my health business in 2013 (I write a lot of life) and the only carrier that I'll be offering my small business and individual clients will be USHG.

If you have the opportunity, my advice is to get contracted and begin speaking with your current book and/or small business owners.

Best,

LifeSales

Back