Anyone Sell for Ambetter

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
It looks like they are going to be in St Louis MO market for 2018. Anthem is pulling out. What's the skinny on cetene/ambetter?

It looks like they are going to be in St Louis MO market for 2018. Anthem is pulling out. What's the skinny on cetene/ambetter?

Here in Georgia....low cost ACA provider.......worst HMO network.......paid ~$12PMPM commission.

BCBS pulling out here too in most counties.....so it is going to be fun telling everyone that they now need to go to a doctor who does not speak English very well. Centene is historically a Medicaid provider......hence the network.

Hope you don't only sell U65 health insurance for a living :D

I agree with (Damn)Yankee466 (because if we are Yankee's in Georgia we will always be Damn Yankees)
Ambetter has the worst network, low pay and very bad Member and Agent assistance.
As a member, I have called 4 times to fix a problem and it still did not get resolved.

I also agree if we are selling only under 65 for a living we will starve.
$12.00 per person per month NEW commission.
$6.00 per person per month renewal commission.
Only market to large families, haha.

Go with Medicare MAPD and Medicare Supplements and wring everything you can out of each contact.
Start with Hospital Indemnity with each zero MAPD plan and follow up with Life, DVH (Dental. Vision and Hearing), Cancer, and all the other indemnity add ons.
If you throw enough seeds something will grow.

I sold more ACA plans out of open enrollment than during OE, planning to get paid when I resigned them for this coming year. Yeah right!
With BCBS and Alliant both exiting the markets I work in Abmbetter is my only plan left.

Good luck to you.

I'm heavy into the Medicare Market already. I view the ACA as a marketing tool for Medicare clients and really focus on the 6264 crowd. So far it's been worth it as I have a stream of 5 to 10 people each month turning 65 from ACA clients. Beats paying 2 or $300 a lead for turning 65.

Back