Assurant Not So Assure.....

Russ

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I had a husband and wife come by my office December 3rd. Applied for a major medical with Assurant Health. Went to Healthcare.gov, completed all questions. Typed in their income. They qualified for a $1297.00 premium credit. Went back to Assurant and they don't have the premium credit. Shows it as ZERO!

Called Healthcare.gov and Assurant. Healthcare told me it can take up to 72 hours for Assurant to receive the information. Assurant told me to give it a few days.

Anyone run into this situation? Could it be because I just got certified over this past weekend? I don't think that's it. Don't want to lose this sale on account of this. :goofy:

I had a husband and wife come by my office December 3rd. Applied for a major medical with Assurant Health. Went to Healthcare.gov, completed all questions. Typed in their income. They qualified for a $1297.00 premium credit. Went back to Assurant and they don't have the premium credit. Shows it as ZERO!

Called Healthcare.gov and Assurant. Healthcare told me it can take up to 72 hours for Assurant to receive the information. Assurant told me to give it a few days.

Anyone run into this situation? Could it be because I just got certified over this past weekend? I don't think that's it. Don't want to lose this sale on account of this. :goofy:

That makes no sense, the only problem I have had with Assurant was one application where the subsidy was $432.73 and the Assurant agent site rounded it up to $433 and then wouldn't apply it. I changed the subsidy in the box to the left to $432 and it went right through.

Did EASE allow you to login to the Marketplace through their direct connect? If your FFD ID was populated when you reached that screen the certification is already in the system, if it wasn't it means you aren't finished getting registered with them.

Are you referencing the Carrier-HC.gov-Carrier double-redirect method of enrollment? If so, the Subsidy $$$ amount should show up almost instantly, reducing the applicant's chosen plan's premium.

If their subsidy is that large, your couple probably qualifies for a Silver plan with an ultra-low deductible. If so, I hope you guided them in that direction.

Regarding your certification Russ, be certain to contact Assurant's Licensing department. I think they may need a copy of your MNL certificate before officially listing you as an authorized FFM Agent for the company.

Are you referencing the Carrier-HC.gov-Carrier double-redirect method of enrollment? If so, the Subsidy $$$ amount should show up almost instantly, reducing the applicant's chosen plan's premium.

If their subsidy is that large, your couple probably qualifies for a Silver plan with an ultra-low deductible. If so, I hope you guided them in that direction.

Regarding your certification Russ, be certain to contact Assurant's Licensing department. I think they may need a copy of your MNL certificate before officially listing you as an authorized FFM Agent for the company.

I faxed in the copy this past Sunday. Maybe that's the issue...jumping the gun on writing someone. I'm on the phone now with Assurant.

----------

That makes no sense, the only problem I have had with Assurant was one application where the subsidy was $432.73 and the Assurant agent site rounded it up to $433 and then wouldn't apply it. I changed the subsidy in the box to the left to $432 and it went right through.

Did EASE allow you to login to the Marketplace through their direct connect? If your FFD ID was populated when you reached that screen the certification is already in the system, if it wasn't it means you aren't finished getting registered with them.

Yes on question 1. Not sure on statement yet.

NOTE: Assurant told me it was a system error that should be corrected tonight. That other agents were having the same problem.

----------

Still doesn't work. 9:40am Saturday.... :skeptical::skeptical:

Last edited:
As an FYI, sometimes CMS/healthcare.gov rejects when the premium/subsidy is not exact, i.e. includes the cents, when transmitted to healthcare.gov (whether via carrier or a WBE). Yes, doesnt make sense since healthcare.gov rounds up/down but on the back end they check for the pennies to match up. Sometimes.. when is "sometimes" ? nobody at CMS has an answer for that sadly...

Back