BCBS FL Plan 700 (What's the Catch?)

It always has under the other hospital surgicals, it's written in the policy and I believe you can find this in access blue. If this plan is the only plan one can afford or if someone feels they have enough money to cover everything outside the hospital and not worried about Doctor visits then why not sell it of course the new 700 plan gives you so much towards Dr's visits and btw my interpretation of some of the latest changes is you will receive the in network price w/o being balanced billed. You should always quote 3 with the 700 being the last one and show them the difference, after explaining them you will sell the richer plans about 95% of the time. I have only sold one hospital surgical over the past couple of years and it was the 700 just recently.

To add: I will definitely find out Monday for you.

Last edited:
You should always quote 3 with the 700 being the last one and show them the difference, after explaining them you will sell the richer plans about 95% of the time.

ex.....40 m broward co

Plan 700 $130

Plan 504 $314

The more benefit rich plan is almost 3x the cost of the hosp/surg plan.

If ya can, do show us that chemo bit in print?

I'll say one more thing about this.
There is a market for such plans.
Some, will look at a price and a deductible and tell themselves that they have it sussed out. Some people are obsessed with the deductible. Exclusions / limitations, and their relevance are beyond such a person's capacity. At that's o.k. it doesn't make them a total waste even if I or someone else thinks they are denial ridden.
Honestly, from time to time I have considered leaving my monogram plan for this Plan 700. Haven't been able to bring myself to do this.
I had a woman a week ago complain how her husband and her had to pay $2800 for an M.R.I. at the hospital when he had a cyst looked at. They didn't know to go to an in network advanced imaging center where I am told they would have paid $150.
Also had a client tell me last week that he woke up in the hospital after having a seizure in his friend's driveway. He wasn't able to research and go to Quest diagnostics for blood work or an independent diagnostic facility or an advanced imaging center between bouts of consciousness at the hospital ...

Last edited:
ex.....40 m broward co

Plan 700 $130

Plan 504 $314

The more benefit rich plan is almost 3x the cost of the hosp/surg plan.

But what was the 514 plan? That's what I usually end up selling after explaining the 3 plans. Like ins Dave says there is a market for the plan 700 but really very few. I know an agent that sells these all the time and doesn't bother showing anything else. He assumes no one can afford the richer plans. If a client would walk away after the sale fully understanding what they just purchased I'd feel at ease but they all don't. One good point is preventive is covered at 100% even on the 700.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If ya can, do show us that chemo bit in print?

I'll say one more thing about this.
There is a market for such plans.
Some, will look at a price and a deductible and tell themselves that they have it sussed out. Some people are obsessed with the deductible. Exclusions / limitations, and their relevance are beyond such a person's capacity. At that's o.k. it doesn't make them a total waste even if I or someone else thinks they are denial ridden.
Honestly, from time to time I have considered leaving my monogram plan for this Plan 700. Haven't been able to bring myself to do this.
I had a woman a week ago complain how her husband and her had to pay $2800 for an M.R.I. at the hospital when he had a cyst looked at. They didn't know to go to an in network advanced imaging center where I am told they would have paid $150.
Also had a client tell me last week that he woke up in the hospital after having a seizure in his friend's driveway. He wasn't able to research and go to Quest diagnostics for blood work or an independent diagnostic facility or an advanced imaging center between bouts of consciousness at the hospital ...

Don't leave your signature plan for the 700. The woman who had the husband with cyst, was this an er visit or was he admitted for surgery?

I'm glad I'm hearing these things (not for your client) this helps me steer people away from the 700.

Like you say though, there is a market for it but it's really not for 90% of the market and BC telemarketers don't know how to explain these plans properly.

I will see if someone can fax me Monday the part of the policy about chemo.

Last edited:
since most of you obviously have never read the contract for the Plan 700 you are just blowing smoke up everyone's asses and sell the higher priced plans just to pad your commissions. I'm ot going to do your homework, but here is just one part of the contract relating to Inpatient confinement:

Hospital Services
Inpatient:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]The following may be Covered Services when rendered in an Inpatient Hospital setting:
1. room and board in a semi-private room when confined as an Inpatient, unless the patient must be isolated from others for documented clinical reasons;
2. intensive care units, including cardiac, progressive and neonatal care;
3. use of operating and recovery rooms;
4. use of emergency rooms;
5. respiratory, pulmonary, or inhalation therapy (e.g., oxygen);
6. drugs and medicines administered by the Hospital (except for take-home drugs);
7. intravenous solutions;
8. administration and cost of whole blood or blood products (except as outlined in the Drugs exclusion of the "What Is Excluded?" section);
9. dressings, including ordinary casts;
10. anesthetics and their administration;
11. transfusion supplies and equipment;
12. diagnostic Services, including radiology, ultrasound, laboratory, pathology and approved machine testing (e.g., EKG);
13. chemotherapy and radiation treatment for proven malignant disease;
14. Physical, Speech, Occupational, Cardiac Therapies; and
15. transplants as described in the Transplant Services category in this section.
Exclusion:
Expenses for any Services rendered in an Inpatient Hospital setting are excluded when such Services could have been provided without admitting you to the Hospital.
In addition, expenses for the following and similar items are also excluded:
1. gowns and slippers;
2. shampoo, toothpaste, body lotions and hygiene packets;
3. take-home drugs;
4. telephone and television;
5. guest meals or gourmet menus; and
6. admission kits.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Note: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]This Contract does not provide coverage or benefits for maternity/obstetrical care, except for complications of pregnancy, unless the Contractholder purchased such coverage under an Optional Maternity/Obstetrical Care Benefits Endorsement, if available.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

If the plan has no holes as everyone from BCBS states except for they only pay a certain amount towards a Dr. visit then how come a HSA plan is two-three times the cost of that plan. Maybe it's just me but something doesn't seem to be adding up....

since most of you obviously have never read the contract for the Plan 700 you are just blowing smoke up everyone's asses and sell the higher priced plans just to pad your commissions. I'm ot going to do your homework, but here is just one part of the contract relating to Inpatient confinement:

Hospital Services
Inpatient:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]The following may be Covered Services when rendered in an Inpatient Hospital setting: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]1. room and board in a semi-private room when confined as an Inpatient, unless the patient must be isolated from others for documented clinical reasons; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]2. intensive care units, including cardiac, progressive and neonatal care; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]3. use of operating and recovery rooms; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]4. use of emergency rooms; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]5. respiratory, pulmonary, or inhalation therapy (e.g., oxygen); [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]6. drugs and medicines administered by the Hospital (except for take-home drugs); [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]7. intravenous solutions; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]8. administration and cost of whole blood or blood products (except as outlined in the Drugs exclusion of the "What Is Excluded?" section); [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]9. dressings, including ordinary casts; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]10. anesthetics and their administration; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]11. transfusion supplies and equipment; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]12. diagnostic Services, including radiology, ultrasound, laboratory, pathology and approved machine testing (e.g., EKG); [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]13. chemotherapy and radiation treatment for proven malignant disease; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]14. Physical, Speech, Occupational, Cardiac Therapies; and [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]15. transplants as described in the Transplant Services category in this section. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Exclusion: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Expenses for any Services rendered in an Inpatient Hospital setting are excluded when such Services could have been provided without admitting you to the Hospital. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]In addition, expenses for the following and similar items are also excluded: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]1. gowns and slippers; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]2. shampoo, toothpaste, body lotions and hygiene packets; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]3. take-home drugs; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]4. telephone and television; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]5. guest meals or gourmet menus; and [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]6. admission kits. [/FONT]
[/FONT]Note: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]This Contract does not provide coverage or benefits for maternity/obstetrical care, except for complications of pregnancy, unless the Contractholder purchased such coverage under an Optional Maternity/Obstetrical Care Benefits Endorsement, if available. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
One more paragraph from the contract, there is nothing that says it has to be related to a surgical event or hosptalization. Maybe you will actually research the facts next time before making an assumption:

Diagnostic Services

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Diagnostic Services rendered in a Physician‟s office or an Independent Diagnostic Testing Center may be covered. In order to be covered the diagnostic Services must be ordered or rendered by a Physician and are limited to the following: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]1. radiology, ultrasound and nuclear medicine, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Computed Tomography (CT) ; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]2. laboratory and pathology Services; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]3. Services involving bones or joints of the jaw (e.g., Services to treat temporomandibular joint [TMJ] dysfunction) or facial region if, under accepted medical standards, such diagnostic Services are necessary to treat Conditions caused by congenital or developmental deformity, disease, or injury; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]4. approved machine testing (e.g., electrocardiogram [EKG], electroencephalograph [EEG], and other electronic diagnostic medical procedures). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]1. Diagnostic Services that are not ordered by a Physician; and [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]2. Oversight of a medical laboratory by a Physician or other health care Provider, as described in the "What Is Excluded?" section. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

One more paragraph from the contract, there is nothing that says it has to be related to a surgical event or hosptalization. Maybe you will actually research the facts next time before making an assumption:

Diagnostic Services

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Diagnostic Services rendered in a Physician‟s office or an Independent Diagnostic Testing Center may be covered. In order to be covered the diagnostic Services must be ordered or rendered by a Physician and are limited to the following: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]1. radiology, ultrasound and nuclear medicine, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Computed Tomography (CT) ; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]2. laboratory and pathology Services; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]3. Services involving bones or joints of the jaw (e.g., Services to treat temporomandibular joint [TMJ] dysfunction) or facial region if, under accepted medical standards, such diagnostic Services are necessary to treat Conditions caused by congenital or developmental deformity, disease, or injury; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]4. approved machine testing (e.g., electrocardiogram [EKG], electroencephalograph [EEG], and other electronic diagnostic medical procedures). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]1. Diagnostic Services that are not ordered by a Physician; and [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]2. Oversight of a medical laboratory by a Physician or other health care Provider, as described in the "What Is Excluded?" section. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

brah, where do u get a copy of the contract?

under hospital/surgical, for anything outpatient it says "related to surgery only"......most chemo is outpatient, mind posting the entire contract or emailing it to me or mm or ins.dave?

Attachments

• 69078-1010R E BOptions IU65 Plan 700 Ben Sum.pdf
    85.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8
Back