BCBS of Kansas City

MOHEALTH

Expert
Anyone know of a good contract for BCBS of KC? I spoke the broker dept and they had me call Finacial Associates (GA) and they offer a 9% (insulting).

If they will not let you write direct, I would walk away. 9% is indeed insulting because there are too many hands in the cookie jar.

Aetna just launched recently in Kansas and the rate comparison I ran looked promising. Commissions are also acceptable.

They said they do not accept direct appointments. Only GAs. Not getting my business I guess.

Kinda seems stupid to limit the ways you generate business though. Dont quite understand that.

I'm in KC and you do have to go through a GA or you can't sell BCBS here. No better comissions than that either. BCBS doesn't care - they go after the individual market directly anyway with heavy advertising - take a look at a val pak sometime - they always have inserts in all of the coupon mailings that go to homes. So, they don't see it as limiting their ability to do business. they simply don't have to pay any commissions on their direct efforts. I think you have to have it in your bag & be able to offer it, but I wouldn't worry much about the commissions - there are many more competitive products that will sell even when compared to theirs. You'll still make better commissions on those.

Anyone know of a good contract for BCBS of KC? I spoke the broker dept and they had me call Finacial Associates (GA) and they offer a 9% (insulting).

My GA pays 9% for BCBSKC, too. But if you think THAT's insulting, I have been told BCBSKS (Wichita) doesn't pay ANY commissions.

If I am wrong, here, I would really like to know.

Back