Billed for a Walk in Clinic?

LearnMedicare

Expert
Does anyone know why I'd get a bill from a Walk-in Clinic visit for more than $100?

I'm with Cigna.

Help is appreciated.

What did you expect? No bill or just a lower bill?
Also, are you looking at the bill before the insurance payment? Or do you have an annual deductible that has not been met yet?

Dan

P.S. No, I can't explain why a quick doctor visit of 10 minutes costs over $100, but I don't think that is what you are really asking.

Does anyone know why I'd get a bill from a Walk-in Clinic visit for more than $100?

I'm with Cigna.

Help is appreciated.

Probably because the doctor charged you more than $100. Difficult to say without knowing anything about your plan. Could be billed as urgent care that may apply towards deductible instead of with a co-pay if you have one. Was this a CVS "minute clinic" type place or an actual urgent care clinic?

Thanks for the quick replies. It was a CVS walk-in clinic. My two year old needed some antibiotics to fight a simple cold.

Should have been covered and would have expected like a $20 co-pay.

In fact, I think we paid a co-pay at the place, that's why we were shocked by the bill.

It could have been billed incorrectly to the insurance company. A lot of time there are multiple provider ID numbers for these places, and they may have used the wrong one. Or they transposed a number in the diagnosis code, or who knows. Are you looking at a bill, or an EOB (says This Is Not A Bill) from the insurance comp?

If you did pay a co-pay, they may be balance billing you hoping that you won't question it and just send them the money you don't owe. Oh, sorry, our mistake.

Back