Blue Cross Offers New Bonus

headcoach

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Texas
Looks like Blue Cross wants more business from agents..........Below is the new contest

Sell More. Earn More. Now.​
How does an extra $5,000 sound right about now? Ring in the New Year with a new bonus opportunity from Blue Cross and Blue Shield Consumer Markets.
Under-65 permanent health policies that are issued and paid between January 1, 2013 and April 1, 2013 qualify and just 10 policies get you in the money. One policy equals one point… easy!
[FONT=&quot]How much will you earn by the end of the bonus period? [/FONT]
A Policy=1 Point​
Bonus Payout​
50 + points
You will earn $5,000
30-49 points
You will earn $3,000
20-29 points
You will earn $2,000
10-19 points
You will earn $1,000
[FONT=&quot]What you should know – Terms and Conditions[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bonus Period:[/FONT]
Bonus period begins on January 1, 2013 and ends on April 1, 2013.

[FONT=&quot]Bonus Payouts:[/FONT]
Bonus payments will be paid 60-90 days after the program ends on April 1, 2013.[FONT=&quot]
Points are earned at the rate of one point for each qualifying policy.
A minimum of 10 policies must be issued and paid to qualify for a bonus payout.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield will be solely responsible for determining production counts for this bonus payout. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Qualifying Policies:[/FONT]
Only new under-65 individual permanent policies qualify for this bonus payout. [FONT=&quot]
Policies must be paid during the bonus period or within 30 days of the end of the bonus period.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield will be the final arbiter of any issues related to this bonus payout and reserves the right to make final judgment on what is a qualifying policy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exclusions:[/FONT]
Program excludes any policy rewrites.[FONT=&quot]
Program excludes temporary policies, dental, and life sales.
Policies issued during the bonus period, but paid on or after the 31st day of the end of the bonus period do not qualify.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield reserve the right to terminate or modify this bonus program at any time without notice.[/FONT]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I should have posted that the contest is for Illinois, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas

Last edited:
I received the e-mail from BCBS-IL today as well. Was wondering if there would be an incentive plan this year. Usually it's announced a few weeks sooner. In 2012 it was 25 individual policies for a 5% commission increase retroactive to policy #1. Too bad this 2013 incentive is only for the first quarter, but something is better than nothing.

Beats the heck out of Humana's "xx number of points for a chance to shop in our online mall" promotion.

-ac

I don't know how they are anywhere else but here in Florida they don't accept 50% or so of the applications sent in. My buddy writes for them and he complains all the time of apps being denied.

I don't know how they are anywhere else but here in Florida they don't accept 50% or so of the applications sent in. My buddy writes for them and he complains all the time of apps being denied.

Blue Cross of Illinois used to be like Blue Cross of Florida. Up until 2011, I steered clear of them for this reason. Suddenly in 2011 BCBS-IL started approving almost everyone, without rate-ups or exclusions. In 2012 I wrote 27 and only one was declined, due to the applicant not getting a follow-up medical test. In July 2012 they began waiving the customary 1-year preexisting condition exclusion if the insured had prior coverage with another carrier.
-ac

Blue Cross of Illinois used to be like Blue Cross of Florida. Up until 2011, I steered clear of them for this reason. Suddenly in 2011 BCBS-IL started approving almost everyone, without rate-ups or exclusions. In 2012 I wrote 27 and only one was declined, due to the applicant not getting a follow-up medical test. In July 2012 they began waiving the customary 1-year preexisting condition exclusion if the insured had prior coverage with another carrier.
-ac

Highmark BCBS in PA has been approving EVERYONE the last 6 months. My belief is after the SCOTUS gave its stamp of approval they wanted to start collecting premium asap because these same people would come knocking 2014.

I believe it's around 70/30, but they should do what BCBSIL has done, just approve everyone and take in the premium dollars, although they could lose on the deal even in the next 11 months. I wonder if they're offering bonus's for the New Year.

does this count for agents selling with the ambassador contract? Not directly contracted but doing a split commission?

Back