Blue Shield CA Not Paying Commissions

Before you stick you neck out, you should review a Blue Shield of California commission statement. It is the most messed up commission statement from a carrier you will ever see. Period.

I don't doubt it, but this can be done through company download. There's no way to pull it before you write the business, but once it's written it's done through the download from the company.

Of course, you'd always want to know how to verify that it's correct, and we make that easy too.

I saw that my BS CA commissions were dropping like crazy so I printed out the statements from the website and saw months of chargebacks. I called to ask WTF? A few months back, they began subtracting ACA fees and taxes from the commissions. This was not supposed to be retroactive but the computer was going back and retroactively charging past commissions - through 2015 in some cases! The person I spoke with said they are aware of this problem and are working on it. She suggested I lodge a formal complaint, so I did. Waiting to see what comes of it.
Meantime I looked up the commission rates for 2017 and they are going down to 2% for new enrollments! Started out as 4%. At 2% and taxes and fees being subtracted, it seems that this work will be hardly worth it going forward.

Back