BOOM! Aetna Suspends Sales in Ohio Immediately

Having gone through this once before (1994 WA state adopts Clinton Health Plan) expect hell for around 5 years. Individual sales ground to a halt and most carriers pulled out, leaving only the domiciled carriers to operate. Commissions dropped like a stone.

The thing is over time the government did start to work with the insurance carriers to get them back into the game. Compromise started to happen. It's going to be an issue of who can hold their breath the longest. Aetna will come back when and if it suits them.

The making a living off of health care will take a big hit. It will become a supplemental income thing for agents pretty much like it is here for 99% of WA agents.

Cheers.

Ouch! There goes my loose underwriting carrier.

Anyone else get an email from them today?

p.s. sorry to hear about the loss Chumps...Ohio will never be the same again...

Thanks for the heads-up EE. You let us know this way before it hit the media outlets. Wouldn't be surprised to see Aetna stop selling in more states. They removed all the lower deductible plans here in Illinois a few weeks ago. Only 10 plan configurations left.
-ac

never had much faith in Aetna.. one of the 1st to cut agents commissions once health care reform passed. Its ok for the CEO to make millions but hey cut the agent who sells our products.

I had a huge problem when they first moved csr across the ocean to the filipines. Then they took away low deductibles for their hsa's, then they cut commissions. A sad carrier....They had the most vompetitive MA plan last year, they made huge inroads to buy up soo much biz, I knew it was unstable trying to swallow up whole markets like that.
Looks like Humana will step in with health and ma!

Back