Can Homemakers Get Health Insurance?

bob123

Ive read that both the employed and unemployed can get health insurance, but what about homemakers? Right now my parents are sending me checks to get by at an apartment while I self study programming and I wanted to know if its possible for me to get cheap health insurance. Thanks.

Ive read that both the employed and unemployed can get health insurance, but what about homemakers? Right now my parents are sending me checks to get by at an apartment while I self study programming and I wanted to know if its possible for me to get cheap health insurance. Thanks.
Anyone can buy insurance if they can afford the premium. Since open enrollment is over, you can not purchase ACA insurance until January start. You are free to get a short term plan, a Christian plan, or some other form of insurance, as they are cheap, but do not cover pre-existing conditions. Since your reported income is likely $0.....you may qualify for medicaid depending on the state you live in.

You can also buy an underwritten plan. Farm Bureau has a trust product underwritten by UHC as an example. They underwrite down to a gnat's ass but it is inexpensive for the plan design.

Anyone can buy insurance if they can afford the premium. Since open enrollment is over, you can not purchase ACA insurance until January start. You are free to get a short term plan, a Christian plan, or some other form of insurance, as they are cheap, but do not cover pre-existing conditions. Since your reported income is likely $0.....you may qualify for medicaid depending on the state you live in.

You are right. Anyone can buy health insurance if they can afford the premium. Everyone should have insurance!!

Back