Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits

Reply to Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)     
Old 04-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #1

State: AlWhiteTX is an Insurance Agent from
Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance) Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)
Hi everyone,

I'm a 26 year old guy from Houston, and I've been going through alot recently, and trying to get some type of health insurance.

My father added me to his insurance last year, and when I turned 26, I tried to see if I could get a temporary extension. The insurance said I could, but my father would have to fill out some paperwork to get a renewed premium. He refused (I found out I basically was on there for a procedure to help save him, and after I did it, he kind of stopped talking, didn't really even care I was in pain afterwards from the painful procedure).

Anyways, I've been trying to figure out and get health insurance, but it seems completely like a maze, I dont know where to begin. I tried searching on healthcare.gov, and it seems like the plans are out of my budget.

I just would like to see if I can get some type of insurance (possibly a good plan for me + my mother). I work, but I dont make enough income (less than $9000/yr before wages), and no employer health insurance. I'm determined to get a new career by fall this year (i've been losing nights of sleep working hard and searching, and it seems like progress is going, slowly but surely), it just seems alot at the moment. I had to take care a relative who was diagnosed with a terminal illness (which I refuse to claim and go without a fight), so any advice of what to do right now, can I get medicare, or what to look for, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)
Old 05-09-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Super Genius
OregonDave on Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)

State: OregonDave is an Insurance Agent from Oregon
Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance) Re: Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)
Check out americarehealthbenefits.com, one of my agents can take your call on Monday. In a short call they can go over your options under the new law and even enroll you.

www.portlandbenefitsgroup.com

Oregon Term Broker | Portland Benefits Group | Americare Health Benefits Alliance
  Reply With Quote to Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)
Old 05-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
Guru
taterpeeler on Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)

State: taterpeeler is an Insurance Agent from Texas
taterpeeler is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance) Re: Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)
I live in Dallas. 23 years in the biz... health insurance only... click my signature link and call me monday
Old 05-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
Guru
GreenSky on Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by taterpeeler View Post
I live in Dallas. 23 years in the biz... health insurance only... click my signature link and call me monday
When I call you it says the number has been blocked. Should I be offended?

Rick
Old 05-09-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
Guru
Norwayguy on Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)
Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post

When I call you it says the number has been blocked. Should I be offended?

Rick
Are there any numbers that haven't blocked you?
Old 05-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #6
Guru
taterpeeler on Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)

State: taterpeeler is an Insurance Agent from Texas
taterpeeler is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Norwayguy View Post
Are there any numbers that haven't blocked you?
his parole officer has not......
Reply to Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance) 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits

Tags
health insurance