Can Someone Help Me Out (I Dont Know where to Begin with Health Insurance)

AlWhiteTX

Hi everyone,

I'm a 26 year old guy from Houston, and I've been going through alot recently, and trying to get some type of health insurance.

My father added me to his insurance last year, and when I turned 26, I tried to see if I could get a temporary extension. The insurance said I could, but my father would have to fill out some paperwork to get a renewed premium. He refused (I found out I basically was on there for a procedure to help save him, and after I did it, he kind of stopped talking, didn't really even care I was in pain afterwards from the painful procedure).

Anyways, I've been trying to figure out and get health insurance, but it seems completely like a maze, I dont know where to begin. I tried searching on healthcare.gov, and it seems like the plans are out of my budget.

I just would like to see if I can get some type of insurance (possibly a good plan for me + my mother). I work, but I dont make enough income (less than $9000/yr before wages), and no employer health insurance. I'm determined to get a new career by fall this year (i've been losing nights of sleep working hard and searching, and it seems like progress is going, slowly but surely), it just seems alot at the moment. I had to take care a relative who was diagnosed with a terminal illness (which I refuse to claim and go without a fight), so any advice of what to do right now, can I get medicare, or what to look for, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Check out americarehealthbenefits.com, one of my agents can take your call on Monday. In a short call they can go over your options under the new law and even enroll you.

Back