Cant Pay Their $1/mo Premium on Time?

Cool premium tracker... is this CA's exchange, the carrier's or your own? I wish I had something to track late payment's instead to blindly keep the book of business...

Carriers website(Anthem) I snipped off the clients names/id #'s.

The low premium clients make up such a high % of lapses, it's pathetic. I hate how even on Bronze plans, sometimes it's hard to get it to $0. When you get back $0.40 prem, you just wanna bang your head or pay it for them if you could lol.

I can do one better. Client had a $0.01 plan in 2015. Told him to send them a $1 a be done with it for the year. He called me last August and said he had moved in the spring and forgot to pay his premium.

I had one almost as bad. I think her premium was $1.73. She hadn't worked for a while. She was living rent free in her sister's house and eating her sister's food. I'm guessing she was too ashamed to ask for anything else.

She did get back to work and did reinstate her policy. She went in the hospital two months later and was again unable to work for a little bit, but has managed to pay her premiums ever since then.

My mom used to walk through the A&P grocery store with a small red plastic abacus. (This was before handheld calculators.) She didn't want to be embarrassed when she got to the checkout line. If she wasn't careful the cash register total might be more than she had in her purse.

Most of us on this forum never give a second thought to these kind of everyday purchases. But this is still a constant reality for many of our clients who qualify for APTCs.

Latest posts

Back