Check Your Commission Statements

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
For most of 2014 my commissions from one particular carrier were about the same each month or dropping slightly. Then a precipitous drop in January of this year through February.

A quick check of Dec comm statements vs Jan thru Feb showed missing people, mostly clients I have had for years and a lot of them were no longer able to afford the new higher premiums. But most of my clients did renew, and I wrote a few new ones.

Decided to go back and look at Nov thru Dec commissions.

No one with an effective date past Feb, 2014 generated commissions.

Went back further, and checked against a run of approved clients going back to 2009.

This carrier pays weekly but new business is normally the first week of the month. It seems I have at least 30 people, probably more, that never generated a commission.

Policies are in force.

I am the agent.

No $$$$.

Every one of these are off the exchange so I can't blame goodluck.gov.

Anyone else having this issue?

It seems I have at least 30 people, probably more, that never generated a commission.

Policies are in force.
I am the agent.
No $$$$.

Missing commissions on at least 30 clients for 10 months and you're just now noticing? Congratulations on building such a large book of clients Somarco!

For most of 2014 my commissions from one particular carrier were about the same each month or dropping slightly. Then a precipitous drop in January of this year through February.

A quick check of Dec comm statements vs Jan thru Feb showed missing people, mostly clients I have had for years and a lot of them were no longer able to afford the new higher premiums. But most of my clients did renew, and I wrote a few new ones.

Decided to go back and look at Nov thru Dec commissions.

Went back further, and checked against a run of approved clients going back to 2009.

This carrier pays weekly but new business is normally the first week of the month. It seems I have at least 30 people, probably more, that never generated a commission.

Policies are in force.

I am the agent.

No $$$$.

I have similar problems with Off Exchange Aetna but only for policies effective 1/1/15

Humana has a few 'hanging chads' on Marketplace plans as well.

No real problems with UHC, none (ever) with Assurant, Coventry is slow to send things out, Cigna is usually OK

Been busy AC. Noticed commission totals declining, but just assumed it was older business transitioning from FYC to renewal.

Frankly, I don't have the time or desire to audit carriers every month. Had to do that with Aetna and finally stopped writing business. Took up way too much time for 15 or so cases I had with them.

Finally got commission from coventry.
I only owe them $4.04 for a guy that canceled in November. Not a single case for 2015 paid commission.

Finally had a chance to do a partial audit. Oldest policy not paid on dates to Feb 2014 and goes through end of the year. This is crap.

Finally got commission from coventry.
I only owe them $4.04 for a guy that canceled in November. Not a single case for 2015 paid commission.

Same thing with me, no commissions paid on 2015 cases but lots of emails from Coventry and Aetna saying they 'are working on it'.

Back