Christian Health Ministries

My opinion hasn't changed. Read my posts #3 and #7. Those concerns are still relevant.

Yes kgmom, many of these groups do exploit Christians. Beware the fish! Sadly I have seen way too many cons taking advantage of believers by pushing things that are nothing more than a shell game.

That being said, many of the established Christian shared funding health plans are well managed and will deliver. But the participants need to understand there is no guarantee your claims will be paid.

As a licensed insurance agent I would avoid being involved with these operations like a plague. Even, I found one that I thought would do a great job. Since you are licensed, when something goes wrong, some people are going to claim you told them it was insurance.. no matter how many disclaimers they sign. They sure, your E&O won't assist in your defense, even if you win, the defense is going to be expensive. If you lose, it will be even worse.

As a licensed insurance agent I would avoid being involved with these operations like a plague. Even, I found one that I thought would do a great job. Since you are licensed, when something goes wrong, some people are going to claim you told them it was insurance.. no matter how many disclaimers they sign. They sure, your E&O won't assist in your defense, even if you win, the defense is going to be expensive. If you lose, it will be even worse.
I don't see the point of the remark. These groups do not use agents.

I don't see the point of the remark. These groups do not use agents.
True.. But the OP seems to be thinking about recommending them to his clients as an alternative to health insurance. If he makes the recommendation, as an agent he could be opening himself up for the scnario I outlined.

True.. But the OP seems to be thinking about recommending them to his clients as an alternative to health insurance. If he makes the recommendation, as an agent he could be opening himself up for the scnario I outlined.
I've only recommended them as friend to friend

I've only recommended them as friend to friend

Yeah now its friend to friend...But if something happens and he is asked by his attorney what made you even think about this...I figured Joe would know he is an insurance agent.

The oldest and largest is Christian Healthcare Ministries. Mike Huckabee has a video segment on the front of their website: Christian Healthcare Ministries: The affordable, biblical solution to healthcare costs

According to their site, you get one free month of coverage (premium waived) for each "friend" you refer. I wonder if "member cost sharing" coverage is better than your typical Limited-Benefit policy if you need surgery? That depends on a lot of variables..right?
ac

I don't see a problem with them as long as they are not "sold" as insurance. And if your claim is not paid, don't be a pansy ass! Your bill is between you and your Dr. Keep it that way.

Yeah now its friend to friend...But if something happens and he is asked by his attorney what made you even think about this...I figured Joe would know he is an insurance agent.
Most Christians already know about these organizations already. It has been more comparing notes than anything else

Back