Christian Health Ministries

You still get the negotiated rates regardless of whether the claim is paid or not.

When you say denied, do u mean they didn't pay anything since it was subject to deductible???

If yes, the honored the claim.
If no, u don't understand insurance

Yagents is correct.

Negotiated rates only apply to covered claims. For example, STM plans don't have maternity. As such you are not entitled to network repricing.

Yagents is correct.

Negotiated rates only apply to covered claims. For example, STM plans don't have maternity. As such you are not entitled to network repricing.

Sorry guys, this is just wrong. Here is an attachment showing the negotiated rate applied for a claim that was not covered due to it being related to maternity.

Policy was with Golden Rule. We had five other claims (this was the biggest), discount applied to all, bills received were negotiated rate.

Remark on EOB read: D86 Only Complications Of Pregnancy Are Covered By Your Plan.

Attachments

• claim.jpg
    claim.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Sorry guys, this is just wrong. Here is an attachment showing the negotiated rate applied for a claim that was not covered due to it being related to maternity.

Policy was with Golden Rule. We had five other claims (this was the biggest), discount applied to all, bills received were negotiated rate.

Remark on EOB read: D86 Only Complications Of Pregnancy Are Covered By Your Plan.

Complications of pregnancy is a covered benefit. (regular maternity costs are not covered under a short term policy)
You received a discount because it was a covered benefit.

Complications of pregnancy is a covered benefit. (regular maternity costs are not covered under a short term policy)
You received a discount because it was a covered benefit.

It was not a complication of pregnancy. The remark was the reason it was denied. Hence the reason the covered amount was $0.

First, I want to thank you guys for giving all the feedback. I really want to be completely objective on this but preferably without everyone turning on each other. Ok, so...

Several points I'd like for you all to chime in on:

1) On the gold level, maternity is included up to $125,000 per pregnancy

2) You can add additional catastrophic coverage called Brother's Keeper. On the gold level the amount is unlimited.

3) I've heard and I think read somewhere in the info packet that you can combine CHM with regular coverage. How would this work ? Would they coordinate or stack together somehow ?

What do you all think ? Again, please no need to turn mean if you disagree with one another. That's why we're here: to exchange thoughts and ideas. Thanks guys!

MIM

Oh......the twists and turns of this article:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20141123/HEALTH_CARE/141129948
-------------------
health-care-sharing ministries can operate as long as they make it abundantly clear that they do not guarantee that members' medical bills will be paid.

----------
"You will know every month whose bills you are paying, and when you have eligible bills, your fellow believers will be sharing those and praying for you."

Ms. Andersen said she likes knowing exactly whose medical needs she is contributing money to, because then she can pray for them.
----------------------
Her husband's employer offered coverage through Brooklyn HealthWorks, a low-cost insurance program for small businesses in the borough. Ms. Andersen said premiums for the family would have been more than $1,500 per month, leaving them with "nothing left over."

The couple briefly considered exploring New York State of Health, the Obamacare exchange. But they assumed Mr. Andersen's $50,000 income would have made them ineligible for subsidized premiums. In fact, they would have qualified for a sizable subsidy and 10 different plan options cheaper than Medi-Share.

These policies just make me angry.

Its not a scam, but its also not insuring anything with regards to a life threatening illness. Then, when they actually need insurance, they will come onto the individual pool and make more expensive for the people who were on to begin with.

Hope none of them need chemo. I looked a guy at one of my groups who decided to do this instead of the group plan and told him he was nuts. These are not insurance. Its putting your families lives at risk

Latest posts

Back