Clients Renewing Their Insurance

LifeWorth

Guru
100+ Post Club
How are you guys handling your existing clients that are letting go of their old plan and signing up for a new one, OR, their old plan disappeared and they therefore have to sign up for a new plan.

I don't know about all companies, but Florida Blue will not pay FYC on these new policies. Agents will simply be paid renewal fees. This seems like total BS to me, and unfair.

We are supposed to resign someone up, research a plan, etc etc, give the insurance company a loyal client, yet get really nothing for it?

Are you helping your existing clients entirely over the phone? Are you sending them to a customer service line? Are you helping them at all?

What gives?

We send them directly to florida blue do not pass go. At least you're lucky to get renewals. Jam their phones and retail center's up so that is all they have to do.

Compare that to Humana paying agents 6% to move clients from old Humana plans to new Humana plans (either On or Off Exchange) and you wonder how Blue keeps any agent happy. :1frown::skeptical::1rolleyes:

Well I understand some cga's were at least paying the renewal's if the agent re enrolled. I am one agent out of I believe they said 1700 appointed and half my clients either jumped ship (I could have saved) or dropped completely and will pay the penalty in 2016. If anyone thinks that an agent is going to work for free and the company they represent not lose business, well let's just say they are living in another world.

----------

Life, I believe what FLM is trying to tell you with his reply is jump ship now or after oep. If you're young and plan to stay in business that would be the best move for you.

Last edited:
Well I understand some cga's were at least paying the renewal's if the agent re enrolled. I am one agent out of I believe they said 1700 appointed and half my clients either jumped ship (I could have saved) or dropped completely and will pay the penalty in 2016. If anyone thinks that an agent is going to work for free and the company they represent not lose business, well let's just say they are living in another world.

----------

Life, I believe what FLM is trying to tell you with his reply is jump ship now or after oep. If you're young and plan to stay in business that would be the best move for you.

I definitely plan on jumping ship, just not sure to where. I would, by preference, mainly be a life insurance guy, but definitely need to stay in the health market because, let's face it, health is a much more wanted product, and a hell of a lot easier sale.

The life side I have figured out. The health side is being more of a challenge. Who to contract with and write for, etc etc.

----------

Compare that to Humana paying agents 6% to move clients from old Humana plans to new Humana plans (either On or Off Exchange) and you wonder how Blue keeps any agent happy. :1frown::skeptical::1rolleyes:

I hear Humana networks are absolutely godawful. True?

I definitely plan on jumping ship, just not sure to where. I would, by preference, mainly be a life insurance guy, but definitely need to stay in the health market because, let's face it, health is a much more wanted product, and a hell of a lot easier sale.

The life side I have figured out. The health side is being more of a challenge. Who to contract with and write for, etc etc.

----------

I hear Humana networks are absolutely godawful. True?
-----------------------------
it's like real estate, location, location, location...

Back