Common Core Math Same As ACA Math?

ACA math is starting to make my head spin...

Oscar is proving to be hands-down the best plan available in my area, and is going for $217 (full price)...

But then I go back and add in the clients info 52 yr. old, 90k and it poops out $342 for a monthly premium.

What's going on???

Is there anything I can do for this gal?

ACA math is starting to make my head spin... Oscar is proving to be hands-down the best plan available in my area, and is going for $217 (full price)... But then I go back and add in the clients info 52 yr. old, 90k and it poops out $342 for a monthly premium. What's going on??? Is there anything I can do for this gal?

Maybe I'm confused but it seems that the plan is going for $342 and not $217. Why did you think at first it was $217?

Maybe I'm confused but it seems that the plan is going for $342 and not $217. Why did you think at first it was $217?
I skipped entering any of her info and the site said that they would show full prices for plans. Hence, $217. It probably was the age that kicked it up. :-/

----------

BTW, she's 1099 and in-between assignments so anything over $200 isn't going to work.

How would you handle this?

I skipped entering any of her info and the site said that they would show full prices for plans. Hence, $217. It probably was the age that kicked it up. :-/

----------

BTW, she's 1099 and in-between assignments so anything over $200 isn't going to work.

How would you handle this?

Say good night, Gracie...

If her projected income for the year is going to be below $47k in profits for 2016, then she would be eligible for obamabucks in the Marketplace at her age probably.

If not, then she becomes a member of a growing newly un-insured class

Yes, quotes at the Marketplace default to age 35 (I believe)

I'm working with her numbers now... thanks for your suggestion!

I'm all lines and so I generally tell anyone without any health insurance to raise their Medical on their auto to 100-150k, which usually takes $10 to $50 per 6 months.. you know, because it covers even being on a bike and getting hit by a car ( I like that it's widely applicable).

Can you think of anything else that could help someone out in these situations?

I'm working with her numbers now... thanks for your suggestion! I'm all lines and so I generally tell anyone without any health insurance to raise their Medical on their auto to 100-150k, which usually takes $10 to $50 per 6 months.. you know, because it covers even being on a bike and getting hit by a car ( I like that it's widely applicable). Can you think of anything else that could help someone out in these situations?

Just have to move on. If she can't afford it she can't.

Back