Cost of Catastrophic Health Insurance

rain07

Expert
What is the average cost of catastrophic health insurance with 10k deductible. Feel free through out numbers or give me a link for statistics if you have one. Thanks.

The answer to your question is like asking what is the average cost of a house.

It can't be answered.

Rates vary by carrier, the age & gender of the applicant, the health of the applicant, and where they live. You could pay as little as $40 or $300+.

Take your pick.

Houses you get more square feet and safer area. Regarding choosing a company, do you normally get a larger network of doctors and better quality doctors, if you choose a carrier that is higher priced?

Not necessarily.

You apparently have no clue how health insurance is priced. I suggest you go back & read my first response.

I did read your first post, and know factors that determine price, I was specifically asking about carriers, why go with a higher priced company

I did read your first post, and know factors that determine price, I was specifically asking about carriers, why go with a higher priced company

Price has to be compared to Benefits, there is no correct answer with your question. Now if you have State, Zip, Companies and history of the client someone might just have a good recommendation.

I was looking at the florida homeowner insurance tool. I looked at the coastal areas, and saw that the average price for some companies are 7k, while others are 2k, (same area), is it that some companies sell crappy coverage while other companies have policy to sell better coverage?

I guess what I'm getting too. If company A had same benefits and company B had same benefits, but prices different. Does one company have bigger network of doctors? Is their HMO larger? Ect. ..

I guess what I'm getting too. If company A had same benefits and company B had same benefits, but prices different. Does one company have bigger network of doctors? Is their HMO larger? Ect. ..

It could? I guess you as the agent have to look into it and find out. Please let us know what you find out.

Back