Did You Know You Can Reimburse Your Employees for Individual Health Insurance?

What a joke.............for all to see on google searches.

Can opening............meet worms

Oh its been opened before. Benefits Pro featured an article that was a repost of Zane Benefits blog... and the pres of Zane Benefits (Rick Lindquist) got blasted on the comments section for all of the false statements he made in the post.

Then the NYT did an article that featured Zane Benefits scheme but it also blasted it as "risky" and cited sources from the IRS & Treasury Dept that said it was illegal.

The Treasury Dept even commented on the issue for the NYT article:
but a Treasury Department official wrote in an emailed statement, “This type of reimbursement plan generally would fail to comply with the A.C.A.’s prohibition on annual dollar limits.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/05/b...e-strategy-the-irs-may-not-approve.html?_r=0e

Then there is this article about it that makes an EXCELLENT point at the end:
The actual results of this risk will come out in 2016, when the IRS will compare employer statements with their employee records, to determine whether employees who received subsidies actually were entitled to them.

I've seen Zane publish and post stuff that make me scratch my head. Hence I would never do business with them. I my opinion when they post stuff here they lose credibility. When I see their name I almost get the same reaction like I use to, when I saw the Mega-Life name. Not as bad but close.

:swoon:

Very wise of you all to steer clear of this scheme. The IRS, DOL, and HHS have issued separate regulations and joint regulations regarding this issue..... repeatedly. When those departments hammer the same issue repeatedly, they mean business. It sends shivers up my spine when I hear a government FAQ that warns that they are aware of "vendors" selling these schemes through agents and brokers.

Zane Benefits was recommended to me by Assurant's Regional Manager: I love the concept for under 50 employees. It would be great if it were allowable. I expended a great deal of energy researching. Too much is questionable right now.

Back