Direct Deposit for commissions

kew

I have someone telling me that it is against the law if I set up direct deposit for commissions from the carriers I sell for into my fiance's bank account.

Anyone have any idea the truth behind this?

Interesting post. I don't know the answer to that, but I would venture to say that is not allowed until you are married with a joint account. Probable reason is due to taxation.

Most carriers ask for a copy of a void check. However, if there is no name on the check, I don't know if they would have a clue who owns the account. I don't remember having to give my name for the bank draft, just account, routing and bank name.

I don't know any thing about the legal aspects of direct depositing commissions into your finance's account.

I have however, lived long enough to see many engagements never make it to the alter. Just my advice, deposit it into your own account until you actually get married.

You might ask the carrier if they are willing to do so, because is your fiancee a licensed agent?

I think in all states that would be considered sharing commissions? no?

Was this your idea or her idea to deposit into her account?

LOL...

OK bad joke...

I know I could not deposit to my companies bank account until my company was licensed by the DOI back years ago when I switched from SSN to EIN.

I am sure it is because of paying an unlicensed entity.

Last edited:
Back