Do Discounts Matter to You....

NewHealthStrategies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm curious if when selling IFP, whether the depth of discounts comes into your decision process on who to recommend to your prospects?

For example.... BCBS might have a 60% discount in a particular area whereas a regional player might have only been able to leverage a 40% discount.... but the regional players premiums are better than the Blues....

Is PRICE the dominant and almost exclusive decision point, with all other things being nearly equal (network breadth, maximums, etc.)?

Do you think most of your prospects would even be able to understand this conversation?

Discounts are (mostly) invisible . . . to everyone. Some carriers have transparency, but not many, and on only a handful of items.

Talking to a client about discounts in any depth is like trying to describe the sound of one hand clapping.

Clients look at numbers and if their doc is in the network. If left to their own devices, most would buy Right Start, Copay Saver, blah, blah with low deductibles then bitch when they lose their house in a large claim.

You can only educate them so far before you lose them in the fog.

Discounts don't go by area, but by the service and service provider.

You may see a doctor and get a 32% discount then get blood work with a 72% discount then a MRI with a 44% discount all in the same area.

I've been hosed on discounts. I had a doc visit repriced about 6 months ago - shaved a whopping 9% off.

Back