Do I Have to Put Every Single Doctor Visit on My Application?

Ron00

I could really use someone's advice here. A few days ago I filed an application for an individual policy with the help of an agent. When I went over my copy of the application the next day more closely, I found about 15 errors on it. Many things that I just didn't think of when I was going through the online application with the agent. (We were going through it pretty fast).

I called the agent back, and told him I think we need to amend all those things or cancell the application. He said he's not concerned about all those things. Only one of them would he ammend. I expressed my concern that I'm worried the insurance company might rescind my policy later on if I'm not very accurate up front. He again said he's not concerned and that he's never seen one rescinded for that.

I'm very confused, because I've been on several discussion forums, and most people tell me that an insurance company can rescind your application for 'anything' you omit (even if unintentional), and even if its totally unrelated to any of your active conditions. My insurance agent is downplaying this possibility, but is he right? Or should I be concerned?
I'm just really torn as to what to do. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the application and going it on my own. Am over over-thinking this?

No, you are not over thinking it. You should be concerned, very concerned.

I second John's comment. Fire your agent. There are a lot of knowledgeable, honest agents on this discussion board.

I'll bet if you were to ask for help in finding a policy there would be several who would like to work with you.

He sounds unethical...I would fire him too. If I were you, I would find another agent, not try to go it on your own. It doesn't cost you anything and most are a big help if a question arises later.

It's not so much that you need to put every single doc visit but you do need to document every significant or chronic condition and every med.

For instance, if you have HTN and saw the doc 4x in the last 3 yrs for a BP check you don't need to document every visit but the condition, and any medication change, needs to be noted.

How did you end up with 15 errors?

It's not so much that you need to put every single doc visit but you do need to document every significant or chronic condition and every med

How do I know what is considered 'significant'?

I ended up with 15 errors because we were going through it fairly fast, and since its my first individual policy, I wasn't quite prepared.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yes...Cancel the application and re-submit using your words...not someone else's.

My agent said once I cancel it I can't redo it. Doesn't seem logical, but that's what he said.

Last edited:
Back