Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits

Reply to Family of 5, One Spouse with HRA Benefits, Another with HSA?     
Old 06-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #1

State: Spicz1310 is an Insurance Agent from
Family of 5, One Spouse with HRA Benefits, Another with HSA? Family of 5, One Spouse with HRA Benefits, Another with HSA?
My wife is taking a new job and will be covering herself and our kids in a High Deductible HRA plan. I will remain covered at my place of work under an HSA plan. Can I use HSA money to pay for medical or dental costs for my kids who are covered under the HRA plan?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Family of 5, One Spouse with HRA Benefits, Another with HSA?
Old 06-16-2017, 02:17 AM   #2
Guru

State: Yagents is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Yagents is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Family of 5, One Spouse with HRA Benefits, Another with HSA?
Yes, you can use your hsa for any of your tax dependents. Best to use hra funds first as that is use it or lose it. HSA is not. Also, I'm not an accountant. Check irs pub 502 and 969
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Family of 5, One Spouse with HRA Benefits, Another with HSA?
Reply to Family of 5, One Spouse with HRA Benefits, Another with HSA? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits