Federal Financial Group LLC?

Sooooo, I'm still on their mailing list. Should I contact the authorities?? hahaha

"Greece Trip..Help...Douglas Nielsen...!!Hello.

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to Athens,Greece for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit cards and cellphones were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in few hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.I am so confused right now.please your urgent help is required.

Douglas K. Nielsen
Federal Financial Group
National Marketing Director"

unlimitedsigh said:
Sooooo, I'm still on their mailing list. Should I contact the authorities?? hahaha

"Greece Trip..Help...Douglas Nielsen...!!Hello.

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to Athens,Greece for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit cards and cellphones were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in few hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.I am so confused right now.please your urgent help is required.

Douglas K. Nielsen
Federal Financial Group
National Marketing Director"

Actually it sounds like his email has been hacked...I once recieved an email from a client saying the same thing asking for me to wire her money. I picked up the phone and called her home number and she answered and was aware of her email had been hacked.

I actually have someone on my email whose name appears in a similar email I receive. I have gotten in 3-4 times and know it to be afraid.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fraud not afraid. I am just learning to use my iPad.

Last edited:
I am a new member here, live in Madison, Wisconsin. I have an FFG webinar to view tomorrow at 9am, and after reading all the posts here, I will be curious to see what this is all about and if it is legitimate. BTDT in the business, not a newbie, hold my LUTCF, just got out of the business several yrs ago due to several life changes. Now I am retired out of the remodeling business and want to associate myself with a reputable company. Not interested in jumping ship every 6 mos. Will post a follow up tomorrow afternoon on my thoughts. Take care.

FFG's ID = SMM? I know they are at least sister companies, that use the same carriers (mainly aviva and allianz), and apparently some of the staffing as well.

Also, who thinks FFG will be bought up by Aviva, or that Aviva will be buying anything else for that matter?

When they courted me, they talked as if the deal was already inked up (and that they supposedly turned down a 2x company valuation by competitor Allianz - lol, saving out for the agents'/"stock-owners'" sake!).

Annnnddddddddddd now Aviva is on the outs...

Aviva USA is being sold because Aviva UK needs cash. Aviva USA was and will continue to be very profitable. Nothing will change except for the name (Athene USA). FFG will be sold sometime in 2014, and qualified agents will participate in the sale. Successful IMO's are in high demand and FFG is certainly a successful IMO.

New to this forum. Let me respond to your question by first giving you a brief overview of my insurance practice: I have been selling insurance for approximately 15 years, as a second career, specializing in life, DI, LTC, EIAs, and health. For the past several years I have worked strictly on referrals, and a little prospecting because I love to talk to people and limited prospecting allows me to keep my edge. I am passionate about this business.

They called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to participate in their conference call today. Today was a light day as my car is in the shop so I said fine.

I listened to their conference call for about 10 minutes, then realized that they shut off two-way conversation and I didn't want to listen to 50 minutes of canned presentation (I am already contracted with all of their carriers, either directly or through other GAs.) My impression is that they're legit, but intend to milk recruits as profit centers. There is no free lunch in this business. All insurance companies constantly recruit and require pay-back as the price of admission. The statistics of the insurance industry can be bleak: for every 100 people going into insurance sales, four years later only 11 are still doing it.

A big problem FF is going to have is their dependence on Aviva as a carrier. If you do a Google search you'll see that there is a good chance Aviva will pull out of the US market after selling their domestic book of business. In fact, the Times ran an article on this issue about 3-4 weeks ago (as an independent agent, I rep about 50 life companies and Aviva isn't that important to me to worry about it).

If you're really interested in an insurance career, contact the big hitters like NY Life, MassMutual, and Northwestern. They all have good career programs and when I cut my teeth with MassMutual as a career agent, they had a 3-year financing program to offer. Companies like this pay a lot more commission and offer befefits. If your successful, stay with them, or go independent and make more money, like I did.

But go into this knowing it isn't easy. The first couple of years were fiancially rough for me, but after that my worst year in insurance was better than my best year in my previous industry, and I did pretty well back then, for the industry. Do I like insurance sales? I don't know anywhere else I could be doing being my own boss, knowing I'm helping people, taking as much time off as I do (once I was established), making the money I'm making, etc. I wish I got into this business long before I did.

Good luck with your decision.

The sale of Aviva USA will have no effect on FFG. Just like when AVIVA bought Amerus, when Amerus was FFG's primary carrier.
And agents are also contracted with other carriers, bottom line a non-issue. Athene USA is the buyer.

I am a new member here, live in Madison, Wisconsin. I have an FFG webinar to view tomorrow at 9am, and after reading all the posts here, I will be curious to see what this is all about and if it is legitimate. BTDT in the business, not a newbie, hold my LUTCF, just got out of the business several yrs ago due to several life changes. Now I am retired out of the remodeling business and want to associate myself with a reputable company. Not interested in jumping ship every 6 mos. Will post a follow up tomorrow afternoon on my thoughts. Take care.

Hope things went well for you. The Regional Manager their is awesome. He's fairly new to FFG so you can see that the opportunity is real. He was promoted very quickly based on his performance.
New to this forum. Let me respond to your question by first giving you a brief overview of my insurance practice: I have been selling insurance for approximately 15 years, as a second career, specializing in life, DI, LTC, EIAs, and health. For the past several years I have worked strictly on referrals, and a little prospecting because I love to talk to people and limited prospecting allows me to keep my edge. I am passionate about this business.

They called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to participate in their conference call today. Today was a light day as my car is in the shop so I said fine.

I listened to their conference call for about 10 minutes, then realized that they shut off two-way conversation and I didn't want to listen to 50 minutes of canned presentation (I am already contracted with all of their carriers, either directly or through other GAs.) My impression is that they're legit, but intend to milk recruits as profit centers. There is no free lunch in this business. All insurance companies constantly recruit and require pay-back as the price of admission. The statistics of the insurance industry can be bleak: for every 100 people going into insurance sales, four years later only 11 are still doing it.

A big problem FF is going to have is their dependence on Aviva as a carrier. If you do a Google search you'll see that there is a good chance Aviva will pull out of the US market after selling their domestic book of business. In fact, the Times ran an article on this issue about 3-4 weeks ago (as an independent agent, I rep about 50 life companies and Aviva isn't that important to me to worry about it).

If you're really interested in an insurance career, contact the big hitters like NY Life, MassMutual, and Northwestern. They all have good career programs and when I cut my teeth with MassMutual as a career agent, they had a 3-year financing program to offer. Companies like this pay a lot more commission and offer befefits. If your successful, stay with them, or go independent and make more money, like I did.

But go into this knowing it isn't easy. The first couple of years were fiancially rough for me, but after that my worst year in insurance was better than my best year in my previous industry, and I did pretty well back then, for the industry. Do I like insurance sales? I don't know anywhere else I could be doing being my own boss, knowing I'm helping people, taking as much time off as I do (once I was established), making the money I'm making, etc. I wish I got into this business long before I did.

Good luck with your decision.

The sale of Aviva USA will not effect FFG, it will be business as usual, just like it was when Aviva UK bought Amerus, when Amerus was FFG's primary carrier. Aviva UK needed cash and that is why it sold Aviva USA in December to Athene, name will change to Athene USA. Athene USA will continue to be an industry leader in IUL's and FIA's and FFG will continue to be their #1 GA.

Last edited:
rvanwoesik said:
Hope things went well for you. The Regional Manager their is awesome. He's fairly new to FFG so you can see that the opportunity is real. He was promoted very quickly based on his performance.

The sale of Aviva USA will not effect FFG, it will be business as usual, just like it was when Aviva UK bought Amerus, when Amerus was FFG's primary carrier. Aviva UK needed cash and that is why it sold Aviva USA in December to Athene, name will change to Athene USA. Athene USA will continue to be an industry leader in IUL's and FIA's and FFG will continue to be their #1 GA.

There are already articles about Athene selling off the life business as they are more of an annuity shop. Knowing this and that Aviva's block could be put in run off do you really think those IULs will perform as illustrated?

Back