Florida- Do You Have Something Better, and More

GeorgiaM

Hello. I am a licensed life agent in Florida but have not much experience with health coverage. As you read on, 4 people need a good Florida licensed health agent.

My nephew has a situation I am asking advice on, please. He is priority 1.

He is a 26 yr old med student with some type of college coverage. Deductible is $5500/$800, then 60/40 after that. Parents pay premium.

He fell in the gym playing basketball and injured his shoulder. His parents today paid cash for x-rays, MRI, arthrogram. They said cash price was less expensive than submitting to insurer. They will submit what they paid today towards the deductible. I am not sure any of us is thinking correctly about this.

He will probably need surgery on his shoulder.

Is there any other insurer that will now cover him? Is this a pre-existing condition (duh), and does it sound like he has adequate coverage now?

His father, my brother, thinks the deductible is high. I told him welcome to the real world. The father is retiring next month at age 65 and will need a med sup plan. They are in Volusia County. He will be getting Plan F or G, from what I can tell. Later on this. The mother is 64 and has been offered Cobra until next year when she turns 65. Can she do better with Obamacare? Or other insurer?

They do not qualify for any subsidies due to higher income. There is another adult son needing coverage also. Business for a good agent out there.

First things first...this med student who will need shoulder surgery. Is his college plan it, or is there something better out there? Thank you.

Thanks for the pm's, folks. This issue is probably solved, one way or the other. The proposed insured people are almost deciding to go with some unknown agent referred by a friend of the wife. I can only imagine.
I appreciate your offers of help.

Back