GA Bill Proposes Floor for Individual Health Commission

Thanks for posting. You just gave me an idea in Florida. ---------- But want to throw out something>.....So you sell as a broker in GA, and let's say BCBS is only one on Marketplace. BCBS ask you to give up your current Medicare clients on other carriers. Are you willing to do this from MP clients? And, I'd read the bill. So far, this is an article, not the bill.

It is a proposed bill (HR 838) which has passed the state House and will now go to the Senate for a vote. So it is a little more than an article.

Question: If we do enroll someone for an SEP @ $0 comm - and then they renew the same plan for 1/1/17 - wouldn't that start paying - assuming comms are paid for OE biz.

Question: If we do enroll someone for an SEP @ $0 comm - and then they renew the same plan for 1/1/17 - wouldn't that start paying - assuming comms are paid for OE biz.

In nc, I know one carrier said that will always be considered sep business and 0%.

There are many Senators who are going to have a tough time getting any measure they want passed even making it to the House floor. John Meadows determines what gets out of committee. I'm guessing he's pretty pissed off at this point and probably making some not so thinly veiled threats to some state Senators.

----------

Looks like the Bill has been raised from the dead. John Meadows has some serious clout.

Senate leaders push controversial agents pay bill through | www.ajc.com

Action / Reaction: Mandate commissions and watch carriers pull plans.

Until commissions are pulled from the MLR calculation, our situation won't be fixed, especially when some MLR's are running at over 100%

Action / Reaction: Mandate commissions and watch carriers pull plans. Until commissions are pulled from the MLR calculation, our situation won't be fixed, especially when some MLR's are running at over 100%

The percentage is less than some already pay (when they actually pay) and it only requires commission for plans issued during open enrollment. So not really any different than what we saw this past open enrollment.

Of course, if carriers were planning on not paying any commission for 2017 then I'm guessing it's possible they will pull out of Georgia. That should be fun for those of us living in Georgia who have to pay for our own health insurance.

The percentage is less than some already pay (when they actually pay) and it only requires commission for plans issued during open enrollment. So not really any different than what we saw this past open enrollment.

Of course, if carriers were planning on not paying any commission for 2017 then I'm guessing it's possible they will pull out of Georgia. That should be fun for those of us living in Georgia who have to pay for our own health insurance.

I would assume that after all of this jockeying the bill will pass the Senate and get signed into law.

While I don't have a huge book of business in Georgia it would be worth at least $10K annually for me if it passes, I will gladly take it and continue to support my clients, many of whom have been with me for many years.

Latest posts

Back