GA Bill Proposes Floor for Individual Health Commission

Does this also include Obamacare or just outside it?Will the carriers pull out or just tack on the commission to the premiums?

Does this also include Obamacare or just outside it?Will the carriers pull out or just tack on the commission to the premiums?

Any health insurance offered in Georgia. So it includes on and off exchange business during OEP. As for whether they will pull out or tack it on to the premium, considering they are already paying commissions for OEP business, I don't think it will make a huge difference. In some instances it will mean more commission and other instances it will mean less commission.

----------

Hope this catches on in other states, or sman, you might have a lot of company in ga...

Come on down. I am not basing my livelihood on health insurance.

I have been selling for Medicare clients who have a spouse not on Medicare. And referrals. I have not actively sought IFP business and don't plan to at this point, if I stay with it.

I have been selling for Medicare clients who have a spouse not on Medicare. And referrals. I have not actively sought IFP business and don't plan to at this point, if I stay with it.

Same here. When this law passed I decided at that point all I would do is help existing clients and any referrals. Now I'm even turning referrals away. Had three so far this week. Just told them to go to the Marketplace and explained why.

Thanks for posting. You just gave me an idea in Florida.

----------

But want to throw out something>.....So you sell as a broker in GA, and let's say BCBS is only one on Marketplace. BCBS ask you to give up your current Medicare clients on other carriers. Are you willing to do this from MP clients? And, I'd read the bill. So far, this is an article, not the bill.

Thanks for posting. You just gave me an idea in Florida.

----------

But want to throw out something>.....So you sell as a broker in GA, and let's say BCBS is only one on Marketplace. BCBS ask you to give up your current Medicare clients on other carriers. Are you willing to do this from MP clients? And, I'd read the bill. So far, this is an article, not the bill.

Negative on give up Medicare clients.

Back