Golden Rule Deductible Credit

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I didn't have time to go on there webinar. Anybody know how it works. In Chicago there not really competitive but who knows this might help.

Just curious.

http://www.goldenrule.com/deductible-credit.shtml
Deductible Credit

Deductible Credit can help you reduce your future out-of-pocket expenses by lowering your deductible. If you don't meet your per-person calendar-year network deductible, the Deductible Credit applies to the next year's network deductible starting with a 20% savings after the first year!

How it works:
  • A 20% reduction is applied to your deductible each year you do not satisfy your prior year deductible.
  • Credit can accumulate until the deductible is reduced by 50%.
  • If the reduced deductible is met, then the plan deductible is reset to its original amount the following year and the deductible credit can be earned again.
This allows the freedom to select a higher deductible, lower premium plan - helping you save even more by reducing your out-of-pocket expenses when they earn their deductible credit.

deductible-credit-timeline.jpg

All our renewable plans offer the Deductible Credit benefit for any deductible amount. So take advantage! Watch your deductible diminish over time. Let a UnitedHealthOne plan with the Deductible Credit benefit reward you for being healthy and not meeting your yearly deductible.

Health Savings Account plans cannot reduce their deductible below the minimum required by law to maintain tax-qualified status of the insurance plan. In 2011, a family HSA plan's lowest deductible required is $2,400 and an individual lowest required deductible is $1,200. The optional Continuity rider will include the Deductible Credit benefit only when a covered person is "active."
1 UnitedHealth Group Annual Form 10-K for year ending 12/31/10. * Each qualified covered person not meeting the plan's chosen network deductible for the years shown. Must be a covered person and in active status for six consecutive months. For family HSA plans, when combined per family deductible is not met. For costs, benefits, exclusions, limitations, eligibility, and renewal terms, call a licensed advisor to discuss your health insurance options at (800) 444-8990.

Not intended for use in New Mexico.
UnitedHealthOne is a brand name used for products underwritten, administered, and/or provided by:
Golden Rule Insurance Company (Indiana domiciled, CA certificate of authority number 4407),
American Medical Security Life Insurance Company (Wisconsin domiciled, CA certificate of authority number 08079),
PacifiCare Life and Health Insurance Company(Indiana domiciled, CA certificate of authority number 5813),
PacifiCare Life Assurance Company (Colorado domiciled, CA certificate of authority number 5814),
Oxford Health Insurance, Inc.,
Oxford Health Plans (NJ), Inc., or
UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company.
UnitedHealthcare Services, Inc.,
Dental Benefit Providers, Inc.,
Spectera, Inc.
Health Insurance plans are medically underwritten and availability varies by state. Coverage may be provided by multiple policies/certificates
Additional Products are provided by:
Careington International Corporation,
EyeMed Vision Care, or

You know it's not a bad deal for clients you already have with UHC. I have clients coming up for renewal that have a $3500. deductible, they did not meet the deductible last calender year so effectively they are at $2800. this year and will drop to $2100. in January. This is something I have to take into consideration when I am looking at other options for them.

I have a good number of clients with HSA plans that got the deductible credit. Takes a pretty good chunk off a $5-10k deductible.

More smoke and mirrors to avoid being a real player in the market.

I still have clients on their HSA. In many cases, every year they get a rate increase AND a higher deductible (when the original deductible was tied to the max HSA contribution).

That's always fun to explain.

I didn't have time to go on there webinar. Anybody know how it works. In Chicago there not really competitive but who knows this might help.

Just curious.

Congratulations! You wrote the word "there" twice and in neither case did you use the correct word.

It's their Webinar and they're not competitive.

Thought you'd appreciate the English lesson. :)

Rick

Congratulations! You wrote the word "there" twice and in neither case did you use the correct word.

It's their Webinar and they're not competitive.

Thought you'd appreciate the English lesson. :)

Rick

There/their to/too/two were/we're alot/a lot cancelled/canceled its/it's. So confusing!! I used to work in a corp marketing dept with a lot of writers. I learned a lot from them, as they were grammar Nazis, (or is it Nazi's, or Nazis')?

There/their to/too/two were/we're alot/a lot cancelled/canceled its/it's. So confusing!! I used to work in a corp marketing dept with a lot of writers. I learned a lot from them, as they were grammar Nazis, (or is it Nazi's, or Nazis')?

I believe either spelling is correct.

The amazing thing is that the same people who can't use English send emails and letters to their clients. I guess their clients also went to public schools.

Rick

Huge selling point.

The rest of UHCs plans are weak at best but this H.S.A is by far the best in the industry.

All the individual H.S.A biz I write is with them now. It's an easy sell. The client has to be health to get the policy in the first place so why not take a plan that has a deductible credit. The riders can be a tough sell. They also have carved out mental health which helps getting people approved. The clients have to pay for that treatment out of pocket.

My individual sales have turned into covering unforeseeable claims.

Back