Golden Rule - Maternity?

Full Throttle

Guru
1000 Post Club
Midwest
Golden Rule doesn't compete in my state (United Health runs under a different flag), so I'm not very familiar with their plans. I'm helping out a client in Wisconsin, she needs maternity coverage. Does Golden Rule no longer offer a maternity rider? I thought they did previously, but could be wrong.

Any suggestions from WI producers for well priced maternity options? Anthem has it, I don't believe WPS does. Any other suggestions?

You won't get "Network" negotiated rates, but that doesn't mean that the client can't negotiate their own rate. Usually, cash paying customers can get a better rate than someone that has to send their claim through the network.

I do that with my Chiro visits. It would cost me $44 per visit if I sent it through my insurance, but if I pay cash it's only $40.

Still won't get negotiated rates...

Not only that but it's not a covered condition. So when it's time to go to the hospital to give birth they're gonna want to know how they're going to pay.

My son needed an inpatient dental procedure 2 years ago - not covered. It wasn't like he had the procedure then they sent us a bill. It was cash on the barrel head before the procedure. If we didn't have all the cash upfront (which we did) they did indeed have a financial plan which involved applying for a line of credit.

Of course it's not going to be covered under the HDHP; however, the funds in the HSA can be used to pay for it. I believe that was the point they were trying to make.

It prevents Yuppie couples from becoming baby machines.

Back