Golden Rule - Reduced Rates and Defined Contribution

Ann H

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Well, hmmm.... What is Golden Rule up to? They sent me an e-mail today saying that 4/1/2011 rates in AZ have been reduced 5%. They sent an e-mail yesterday, inviting me to a seminar on defined contribution health plans. The text of the e-mail says the following:

[FONT=&quot]Regulation has inspired opportunity in the new health insurance market! Defined Contribution plans can give you the edge you need to flourish in this changing market.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Josh Hilgers, President of Health Partners Training has revolutionized the concept of Defined Contribution Health Insurance Benefits. Come learn the proven methods that can help you make more sales.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wondering how to make the most of the post health care reform marketplace?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Register Today and Take Advantage of the $100 Early Bird Discount![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
http://recp.rm02.net/ctt?kn=2&m=3796631&r=MTY3MjM5MDI0OTYS1&b=0&j=MjI0NjM4OTE3S0&mt=1&rt=0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Attend this training seminar and Josh Hilgers will show you how to capitalize on:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Huge revenues from an untapped market[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Multiplying your sales while reducing your prospecting costs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Helping your clients cut rising health care costs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Identifying groups that need your help[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Building referral relations that eliminate future worries[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whether you are a group health or individual health producer, do not miss this chance to learn key insights into marketing and setting up Defined Contribution plans for your clients desperate for a solution.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The health insurance business is changing........[FONT=&quot]are you focused on the opportunity?[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Why is the employer group market shrinking?[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]What do uninsured groups want?[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]How can you capitalize on changes in the health insurance market?[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Interested in opening new doors?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Come see why Defined Contribution plans are the solution.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Golden Rule and Health Partners Training are separate, independent companies. Golden Rule is not responsible for Health Partners Training's performance.[/FONT]
Has anyone else heard of this?

I got the 5% decrease thing for MO. Don't think I saw anything about defined contribution - but that could be because I normally just hit delete on their emails.

Well, hmmm.... What is Golden Rule up to? They sent me an e-mail today saying that 4/1/2011 rates in AZ have been reduced 5%. They sent an e-mail yesterday, inviting me to a seminar on defined contribution health plans. The text of the e-mail says the following:

Ann,

I actually know Josh Hilgers of Health Partners. The seminar is only scheduled for Scottsdale at the moment. The "defined contribution" and overall model relates to HRA's. Basically, spinning people off or for those ER's cancelling group plans, and putting them in individual plans. the ER funds an HRA instead, to help pay for the IFP premiums for the EE. It's a trend they are capturing given the number of employers dropping coverage.
Good news on the 5% reduction in AZ. I did not receive that email. Could you forward it to me? [email protected]

It's about TIME they reduced premiums!

Their profits are out of sight!!!
They'll NEVER meet MLR's this year if they DON'T reduce premiums!

I was on the HP webinar for a dental program a few months back. Total waste of time.

Yes, it is about HRA's. You would think the guy on the webinar had come down from the mountain top with two stone tablets.

GR/UHC reduced rates dramatically in GA back in Nov and introduced dozens of new plans.

Still high and that 30 day wait makes it impossible to use them except in very unique situations.

They need to get their head out of their butt.

As for reduced rates and MLR, Humana is doing the same.

Of course that means my commissions take an even deeper cut and still have reduced agent and consumer services in dealing with home office.

This Obamacrap thing is really working out well.

Latest posts

Back