Good Health Plans for People Under 65

Klutch

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I mainly deal with the senior market, but I often get referrals and calls from people under 65 wanting health insurance.

Normally I'll pitch them NewEra's health saver plus 2 policy, but many people dislike how it's set up (them paying X dollars and you have to pay everything over it, as opposed to just having a copayment and the rest being covered)

What are some good policies you'd recommend? Preferably ones that also pay a decent commission.

If your customers are looking for health insurance, I would be wary about putting them into an indemnity product. It will not cover essential health benefits and will not be considered a qualified plan under the ACA. Meaning they will get a penalty at the end of the year. Sounds like the plan you are talking about is an indemnity?

If your customers are looking for health insurance, I would be wary about putting them into an indemnity product. It will not cover essential health benefits and will not be considered a qualified plan under the ACA. Meaning they will get a penalty at the end of the year. Sounds like the plan you are talking about is an indemnity?

No, it's not technically an indemnity. It's just not very good. Do you have any recommendations for a better policy?

No, it's not technically an indemnity. It's just not very good. Do you have any recommendations for a better policy?

Weird, on their website it's called Health Saver Indemnity Plan but I admit I am not familiar with them. If you are looking for a similar indemnity product, I don't really have other suggestions. If you are looking for a true health insurance plan, it will depend on the state you are in.

Here in AZ, I would recommend Healthnet, BCBS, AETNA, Meritus, United Healthcare (among others). But the commission will not be as high as on an indemnity product, and the plan selection depends a lot on your zip code, needs and the provider network. You can always go to ehealth and get some free quotes, then enroll them directly via the producer website.

I mainly deal with the senior market, but I often get referrals and calls from people under 65 wanting health insurance.

Normally I'll pitch them NewEra's health saver plus 2 policy, but many people dislike how it's set up (them paying X dollars and you have to pay everything over it, as opposed to just having a copayment and the rest being covered)

What are some good policies you'd recommend? Preferably ones that also pay a decent commission.

I wrote 2 of the Philadelphia American (NewEra is the Agency) Health Saver Plus II plans late in 2012. One client got stuck with $20,000+ in bills after PhilAmer claimed it was a Pre-Existing condition. Actually, it was, but from 12 years prior!

I then called the other client, explained that he should cancel, and enrolled him in our State's High Risk Pool, called ICHIP at the time. He had to pay twice as much premium, but the peace-of-mind for him and me was worth it.

They're both on ACA-ObamaCare Silver plans now.
ac

Weird, on their website it's called Health Saver Indemnity Plan but I admit I am not familiar with them. If you are looking for a similar indemnity product, I don't really have other suggestions. If you are looking for a true health insurance plan, it will depend on the state you are in.

Here in AZ, I would recommend Healthnet, BCBS, AETNA, Meritus, United Healthcare (among others). But the commission will not be as high as on an indemnity product, and the plan selection depends a lot on your zip code, needs and the provider network. You can always go to ehealth and get some free quotes, then enroll them directly via the producer website.

are you implying that ehealth has a model where they work with independent brokers? I checked their site and could not find any such option.

tnx

No, I wasn't suggesting you enroll the client through eHealth. I was suggesting you could enter their basic information and get a quote and list of health plans in their area.

Once she/he and you decide on a plan, you could enroll your client through that carrier's producer website, Sherpa, the Marketplace, or whatever model you use to enroll folks.

Back