GTL Withdraws from Major Med Market

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got this in an email blast a few moments ago.

GUARANTEE TRUST LIFE ANNOUNCEMENT

EFFECTIVE 12-11-09
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IBG will no longer accept Guarantee Trust Life Individual Health Applications as
of 12-11-2009. GTL has decided to withdraw from accepting new business in the individual
major medical market place. GTL will continue to administrate prior business while
continuing to offer Critical Illness and Supplemental products. To reiterate, this
only affects the GTL major medical in our product portfolio.
To replace the GTL major medical product in IBGs portfolio, we are introducing a
private label individual major medical program with an A+ rated carrier with leads,
advances, and weekly pay.
Effective 12-11-09 if you have a contract with IBG to sell GTL major medical it
is hereby cancelled.

I have no idea who IBG is or what they sold. The reply email goes to entrustibg.com which is no longer valid.

Does anyone know if this means GTL is withdrawing from all major med business or just what this clown was marketing?

Doesn't affect me since I don't have any GTL business on the books, but I am curious. Seems like they were at one time connected with AIM, but I could be wrong. They had a catastrophic major med plan that was simplified issue and I think some GI mini-meds.

What's the scoop?

American Community might as well withdraw. They've literally shut us down in Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee and Oklahoma since they pulled the plug on just about everything but a Flex 60 $3,500 deductible with $8000 of coinsurance.

GTL had created a MM product for some marketing group that also marketed AIM. The margin wasn't there so GTL canned the product. As far as I know, GTL only had one MM product so I guess that would effectively cancel their involvement in the MM market.

I like GTL's indemnity plan. A good fit for many people, but I haven't looked at it in over a year so I don't know if that has changed or not.

Mark, do you know these guys? (Entrust)

John, interested in what you find out.

Nope just googled the name.

Insurance Benefits Group......didn't there used to be a fella who posted here .....Michael Hrad or something like that.....sounded familiar.

Michael Hrad has been a poster on here for a few years. I don't know if he still posts. He lived in Florida and did business in Chicago too- I think.

He used to really push Golden Rule if I remember right. Seemed like a nice guy.

Back