Guaranteed Issue Coverage

You have to be very careful with these plans because they can end up being an E&O nightmare. When I sell them I let all of the individuals know that they are applying for limited coverage and even have them sign a form stating that all of the limitations were explained throughly in case they end up getting client amnesia when it comes time for them to pay a big medical bill.

I'm aware of all that... my concern is HIPAA compliance... I have contract paperwork sitting in my inbox and a couple of carriers and I wondered if anyone has any insight on plans approved by the DOI in TX?

Sorry... just being lazy and trying to milk off of someone's prior research. (How's that for due diligence?)

I'm aware of all that... my concern is HIPAA compliance... I have contract paperwork sitting in my inbox and a couple of carriers and I wondered if anyone has any insight on plans approved by the DOI in TX?

Sorry... just being lazy and trying to milk off of someone's prior research. (How's that for due diligence?)

Are you talking GI or "guaranteed acceptance?" As in a mini med or indemnity type plan?

This is not major medical, the brochure clearly states this. Declines include over 65, workman's comp
& disability, but that's it as it's a limited medical, not major medical. For what it is, it's not bad. The no pre x/prior coverage feature is good along with the Medicare/RBRVS* benefit is nice also.

Guaranteed issue is still misleading in this case.

This is from the site.

***This is a Limited Benefit Plan and may not cover all medical expenses for an illness or injury once the maximum plan payment limits per covered person, per calendar year are reached.***

This policy has a pre-existing conditions limitation. Pre-existing conditions are not covered until the policy has been in effect for more than 12 months. A pre-existing condition is any condition you have now or had within a 12 month period prior to the effective date of coverage for each covered person. The A.I.M. Health Solutions Plan is HIPAA compliant. Persons who leave the plan will receive a HIPAA Certificate of Credible Coverage. Those who enter the plan presenting a Certificate of Credible Coverage will receive credit toward this plan’s pre-existing conditions limitation.

Back