Health Care Community Discussion - Obama/Biden Transition Project

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
Health Care Community Discussion - Obama/Biden Transition Project - Community Organize

From John Podesta:

Over the coming weeks, thousands of Americans will be leading Health Care Community Discussions -- small local gatherings in which Americans are sharing thoughts and ideas about reforming health care. President-elect Obama and Health and Human Services Secretary-designate Tom Daschle are counting on Americans from every walk of life to help identify what's broken and provide ideas for how to fix it.

You can help shape that reform by leading your own Health Care Community Discussion anytime between now and December 31st.

Secretary-designate Daschle recorded a short message about these important discussions.

Secretary-designate Daschle is committed to reforming health care from the ground up, which is why he won't just be reading the results of these discussions -- he'll be attending a few himself.

When you sign up to lead a discussion, we'll provide everything you need to make your conversation as productive as possible, including a Moderator's Guide with helpful tips. All you have to do is reach out to friends, family, and members of your community and ask them to attend -- and, when it's over, tell us how it went. The Transition's Health Policy Team will gather the results of these discussions to guide its recommendations for the Obama-Biden administration.

No transition has tried something like this before, and your participation is essential to our success.

Thank you,

John

John D. Podesta
Co-Chair
The Obama-Biden Transition Project

I figure we can start a community discussion here for those of us that won't be able to attend a house discussion over the holidays, or to serve as a spring board for suggestions to bring up at your own community discussion you attend.

You can sign up to host a discussion in your community: here.

OR HERE....

Health Care Community Discussion Comments - Scott & White - Central Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want it to be free. Oh, and no long waits - immediate treatment. I also don't want to be forced to have it and make sure it doesn't have waiting periods. This way I can just wait to get sick and jump on it.

I also don't want any accountability. If I choose to be a fat depressive hypertensive diabetic that's my business - I just want it to cover all of my medication with a $10 copay.

When do I get all this?

....not a $10 PER medication - then I'm forced to choose between beer and my meds. If I'm on 5 meds that's $10 for all of them. After all, the gov't can print as much money as they want.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I also understand that after a lot of searching they've finally found the logo for universal health care.

Last edited:
Seriously. Do you REALLY think they're going to "review" the local meeting/discussion results? How many people are they going to have to hire to compile information and make recommendations? Lessee, there are roughly 350,000,000, and even if only 1 in 1,000 people participate in a discussion, that's still 350,000 things to go through, compile, and write reports on. I don't see it really happening. I think it's all a big crock.

That said, it's a good marketing venue for independent agents! :)

Those who garner their living from the under 65 health insurance world are understandably trying to spin upholding the status quo.

They should be cautious though about sticking their head in the sand. The most popular reason I hear that it won't happen is the cost in this disasterous economy.

If you've been keeping up with your reading on the subject matter, you'll find that the "powers that be" believe that the current health care system is one of the prime problems in this economy! They feel that for the economy to be fixed, they've got to address health care.

While I personally agree that we can't afford it, for those still stuck in denial - when was the last time you could trust any governmental agency to do the prudent fiscal thing?

Right, wrong or indifferent, there is way too much current for change - of some kind. What form it will take, details, etc. - nobody can know at this stage.

Those that continue to "defend" the status quo will be left flat-footed. The smart ones are digging a well - just in case - before they get thirsty.

It is always hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Those living "check to check" thinking the train never stops regarding any line of work are not playing it smart.

The best thing you can do is live under your means and save.

Moonlight: I am puzzled - what exactly to mean by this? "Those that continue to "defend" the status quo will be left flat-footed. The smart ones are digging a well - just in case - before they get thirsty." Are you saying all the health agents should retool and get ready to do something else, or are you saying something different?

are counting on Americans from every walk of life to help identify what's broken and provide ideas for how to fix it.

How about trying to spend 90% on prevention instead of treatment? How about teaching about diet in schools and taxing the crap out of refined sugars (diabetes, mental problems, add / adhd, shall I continue?).

How about basing your premium on your BMI and how many times you went to the gym last month. LOL.

How about no more business occupancy permits unless you have health insurance? You can't afford health insurance but you can open a business? Get real.

This is so easy - create a national risk pool, sell over state lines, standardize individual plans A to Z, eliminate mandates, subsidize the poor and those in the pool.

Or forget the pool and make that part of Medicare. Wow that was hard.

Too bad you can't legislate personal responsibility - need proof? Look at the number of people without auto insurance and that is a LAW.

Latest posts

Back