Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits

Reply to Health insurance contracts     
Old 08-22-2017, 08:27 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts:3
State: Colie06 is an Insurance Agent from
Health insurance contracts Health insurance contracts
Good morning all,

My first time posting and I'm all excited. This website is quite knowledgeable as I just stumbled upon it yesterday. I've been licensed since 08 specializing mostly in final expense and life insurance in general. I've been wanting to dip into the health side of things but don't know where to start. Are there any good companies for the GA area that someone can recommend please? And is E&) a requirement do you know? I have to look into getting that as well, just didn't want it to go to waste.

Thanks in advance everyone and have a blessed day!!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Health insurance contracts
Old 08-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #2
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts:121
State: johndf is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Health insurance contracts Re: Health insurance contracts
Are you looking at the Med Supp side or the under 65 health side?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Health insurance contracts
Old 08-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts:3
State: Colie06 is an Insurance Agent from
Health insurance contracts Re: Health insurance contracts Colie06 is the thread starter for: Health insurance contracts

Under 65 health side. I have some Med Supp stuff already, but to be honest Im not quite knowledgeable on how it works. Going to watch a bunch of you tubes videos tonight on it though..
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Health insurance contracts
Old 08-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #4
Guru
Chazm on Health insurance contracts
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts:3,530
State: Chazm is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Chazm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Health insurance contracts Re: Health insurance contracts
Originally Posted by Colie06 View Post
Under 65 health side. I have some Med Supp stuff already, but to be honest Im not quite knowledgeable on how it works. Going to watch a bunch of you tubes videos tonight on it though..
No better time to get into the U65 health market than now! You'll be one of 2 agents in your area most likely.

Imo you better get more knowledgeable in Medicare.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Health insurance contracts
Old 08-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #5
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts:3,237
State: FLM2 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
FLM2 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Health insurance contracts Re: Health insurance contracts
Originally Posted by Colie06 View Post
Good morning all,

My first time posting and I'm all excited. This website is quite knowledgeable as I just stumbled upon it yesterday. I've been licensed since 08 specializing mostly in final expense and life insurance in general. I've been wanting to dip into the health side of things but don't know where to start. Are there any good companies for the GA area that someone can recommend please? And is E&) a requirement do you know? I have to look into getting that as well, just didn't want it to go to waste.

Thanks in advance everyone and have a blessed day!!
Here is the best advice you will receive-stop thinking about health insurance for those under 65. Next year, in Georgia, there will only be two companies (Ambetter and Kaiser) offering individual plans in the major metropolitan areas and even where Blue Cross may offer plans it is unlikely they will pay agent commissions.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Health insurance contracts
Old 08-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #6
Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts:599
State: yankee466 is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Health insurance contracts Re: Health insurance contracts
Originally Posted by FLM2 View Post
Here is the best advice you will receive-stop thinking about health insurance for those under 65. Next year, in Georgia, there will only be two companies (Ambetter and Kaiser) offering individual plans in the major metropolitan areas and even where Blue Cross may offer plans it is unlikely they will pay agent commissions.
Make that three companies if you work the NW corner of GA. Alliant pays nicely, or at least they did for 2017....and its all PPO.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Health insurance contracts
Old 08-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts:3
State: Colie06 is an Insurance Agent from
Health insurance contracts Re: Health insurance contracts Colie06 is the thread starter for: Health insurance contracts

Thank you and yes I will get more info on medicare
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Health insurance contracts
Reply to Health insurance contracts 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits




Similar Threads with Health insurance contracts
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Website Built IAfreedom P&C Insurance Forum 14 09-09-2015 05:30 AM
Is This a Good Health Insurance Strategy? horusprim Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits 24 05-24-2012 02:53 PM
Health Bill Senate Vote sunmed Health Care Reform Forum 9 08-21-2010 04:09 AM
The Lighter side of Universal Healthcare Sam General Insurance Agent Discussions 9 04-16-2007 03:41 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
Nothing - No ACA fixes - status quo
29.82 %
HHS Rulings and band aid bills
17.54 %
Hail Mary repeal and/or replace bill
17.54 %
A bipartisan bill to fix ACA
35.09 %

Voters: 57. This poll is closed