Health Insurance at Costco?

I looked at plans for GA Costco members.

They only offer 5 plans. The rates are a little lower than what I can offer but the coverage has much higher OOP.

Doubt consumers will even notice that.

Also a couple of the plans don't cover brand Rx and one only covers brand Rx after a $4,000 deductible.

Costco is a great place if you need a 5 pound bag of chips or 30 rolls of toilet paper but not so much if you want insurance.

Wonder how Costco feels about 4% commission?

Wonder if they will still want to offer this after getting complaints from customers about how piss poor the coverage is?

I don't think costco has as many takers as one might believe. Costco sells volume, buy more for less. That is their golden ticket. Individual health insurance is not more for less.

I don't know if the prior carrier they used was killing it. Never really heard a word about how well they were doing.

Will costco attract people? some, but I doubt as many as they hope. I go to costco to bulk buy at a low price, like the majority of their customers.

I don't consider Costco a threat, but some folks will price Aetna with Costco and then through eHealth and assume they are getting a deal because of the "Costco connection".

Now imagine how great it will be when they buy from Navigators . . .

Back