Health Insurance Penalty Question

kankichi

Hi everyone

A bit late in the game to be asking this question but....

I work freelance in Los Angeles and do not have health insurance so far. It's a stupid idea I know, but I don't really want to pay $160 for health insurance that I will almost surely not use.

I believe there is a rule that says, as long as you don't have 3 consecutive months without insurance, you are exempt from paying the penalty. Does that mean, I could get insurance just for the months of March, June, Sept, Dec and not pay the penalty?

Thank you.

I would consult your CPA......

Hi everyone

I work freelance in Los Angeles and do not have health insurance so far. It's a stupid idea I know, but I don't really want to pay $160 for health insurance that I will almost surely not use.

I believe there is a rule that says, as long as you don't have 3 consecutive months without insurance, you are exempt from paying the penalty. Does that mean, I could get insurance just for the months of March, June, Sept, Dec and not pay the penalty?

Thank you.

Hi everyone

Thank you.

But since it's illegal to buy insurance after Feb. 15, good luck with that idea.

Rick

It's a stupid idea I know, but I don't really want to pay $160 for health insurance that I will almost surely not use.
Are you a freelance hermit that never goes outside? Are you immune from every illness that could possibly happen? Do you shower? Are you an ***?

Just a few questions I have. I'm not saying you are an ***, just curious as to how you know nothing bad could ever possibly happen to you.

I have a friend who is a small business owner and recently had an accident that ended up being approx. $450k in medical bills, 2.5 months in the hospital and outpatient therapy. He had no insurance. He too thought he was healthy and would never need it. Trust me, he does NOT feel that way now!

Hey you know that guy you voted for in the White House he's telling you to sign up for health insurance and you have until Saturday so just do what he says it's that simple he needs you to sign up. Your country needs you to sign up I get those damn emails every week from the White House just go to whitehouse.gov and sign up to get their notices so you can find out how to participate ! That risk pool needs you brother
Don't walk .....run to the computer
POTUS needs you man help him out... That insurer needs your healthy body to participate...

Back