HealthMarket Under Siege

Well on Atlanta TV they're advertising Cinergy....another limited benefit plan. Who the heck is Cinergy?

So they made the COVER of USA Today..congrats!

So Healthmarkets (Mega Life, Mid-West, etc, etc) made the front page of the USA Today yesterday, referencing primarily the MA lawsuit, but also detailing a family that had some sizeable unpaid claims due.

The classic here is that towards the end of the article they reference a couple "happy Mega clients" that, even though they too had unpaid bills beyond what they expected, had no problems with Mega. Hmmm, can anyone say "shill"?? Good Lord, it's pretty bad when they can't even find a couple legit customers who have had some medium sized claims paid in a satisfactory manner but instead have to (no proof of this but I speculate) "hire" a couple customers to say good things.

Someone should start a website with a "Mega Clock" that starts counting off minutes, seconds, days, etc. until the place finally implodes. I am going to guess less than 2 years but they have surprised me before in their longevity...we'll see.

Re: So they made the COVER of USA Today..congrats!

My question, I know some on this board have sold these products, are ya'll being sued or have you been sued by disgruntled clients? Are you worried that it could happen? I have come across many irate ex clients of these companies, some that have tried to track down the agent that sold them.

Re: So they made the COVER of USA Today..congrats!

My question, I know some on this board have sold these products, are ya'll being sued or have you been sued by disgruntled clients? Are you worried that it could happen? I have come across many irate ex clients of these companies, some that have tried to track down the agent that sold them.

Well as I have mentioned in previous posts, I generally always sold at least the best offering Mega had (and for those I sold lesser products to I made sure they knew EVERYTHING they were getting) and did what I consider to be an ethical, professional job. Hard to do in that climate I will grant you but I did the best I could do. In my 10+ years there I received 4 complaint letters and 3 specifically mentioned that "our agent was great/the agent is not the problem", but they instead had issues with something the Insurance Company (usually billing issues) was doing. The one person who hated me was just a little loopy and I was worried about that sale from the start!

Anyway, I have never been sued and hope not to be but I think I have far less chance than many reps there...I have known some that had to cash out stock plans because of legal issues.

Latest posts

Back