How Do I Get Appointed for BCBS FL Individual?

ddearing

I do not sell much individual coverage, but have a client that needs BCBS Individual since I believe they are the only ones in FL that offer maternity on their policies. If anyone can help me figure out how to get appointed with BCBS FL for individual, I would appreciate it. I am appointed with them for group through Rogers Ben Grp.

I used to have a FL non-res license and was appointed with other carriers in FL. From what I remember, you have to be a captive agent for BCBSFL in order to get appointed with them. You may want to contact them directly.

You might be better off to refer it to a BCBS agent here. You have to pay all sorts of fees and come January 1 the comp for BCBS FL is supposed to get worse than it already is.

If you want to refer it to an agent who won't touch any of your clients other policies they may have with you, let me know. I have one agent friend who only writes BCBS health insurance (no other lines) and one who writes it with other stuff like life and CI but won't tread on you if she knows what the deal is.

IMO it just won't be worth it to write BCBS if the commissions drop because of the hassle for hardly any money. If these two didn't have a book they would not write them.

Back