How Do I Get Health Insurance with a Second Party Paying

timothy

I do freelance work and get paid off the books.

But my father is president of his company and has offered to have the business pay my health insurance premiums every month out of the business checking account.

will this type of second party sponsoring work for income verification to get health insurance and how do I do it?

Can somebody else like a business sign on as the payer of your health insurance for you?

anyone can pay for you health insurance premiums, yes even the pet monkey. deducting those premiums is another story and you father's company will NOT be able to deduct those payments.

But my father is president of his company and has offered to have the business pay my health insurance premiums every month out of the business checking account.

will this type of second party sponsoring work for income verification to get health insurance and how do I do it?

Can somebody else like a business sign on as the payer of your health insurance for you?

You will have a very difficult time getting any insurance company, either on or off the Exchange, to accept payment from a business, it must be from a personal account.

I might not understand your question. You do not need income in order to obtain health insurance.

A business can pay for a private health insurance policy. The business trying to deduct this as an expense is another story.

Your father's business can pay you, and you can pay the premium. Better pay Uncle Sam though. Because Uncle Sam will get mad if you try to have taxpayers pay your premium. After all Obamacare was created so taxpayers could fund people's premiums.

Question? Why don't you do freelance work ON the books, and pay your own premium? And your taxes.

The IRS has a name for the type of income you are receiving. It's called self-employment income.

You are required by law to report that income by filing a Schedule C. Typically, the IRS frowns upon failure to report income.

Similarly, your father's business is required to file 1099 income paid to you as a "vendor," since you are not being paid as an employee. The IRS also frowns upon "under the table" quasi-employee income. In fact, the 1099 vendor rule was established a few years ago because of this exact type of situation.

So my advice is simple. Get on the books, or get on the ball.

Don't be a Trump.
:laugh:

Back