How Do You Deal with Angry Prospects

So he basically paid over $400 a month for the whole year and the insurance never did anything for him.

I would have said to him," You are a cheap ba$tard to only purchase a Bronze plan. If you would have paid more premium for a Silver or Gold plan, the insurance would have done something".

First, I ask them how they voted.

Before Nov 6th, I told them to vote accordingly.

Over the past 11 years, I've learned how to say "NEXT!"

Too many people out there that want my help, don't need to waste my time.

I've only had 1 person not buy in the past week, it was a 35 yr old full time student working at Ruth Chris steakhouse making 35k, and started bitchin' about a $230/mo price with 6k deductible. Told him if he wants coverage, you know how to reach me. I don't have time to try and talk you into buying insurance when I have 20 others waiting for my call ready to buy !!

He sent me an email that night that he will be in touch.

I don't have time for angry, dumb or rude clients. Let them find someone else to harass. When I encounter someone like that I cut the conversation short with something like "You know, you are right. There is nothing I can do to help. Have a nice day".

Click.

Just spent over 20 minutes on the phone with an ANGRY man.

He's a lead. I called him. He's LIVID over his Humana coverage, but Humana is the cheapest he could find. Still over $400 a month though. According to him, the policy doesn't pay for anything until his $6300 deductible is met.

So he basically paid over $400 a month for the whole year and the insurance never did anything for him.

He purchased it last open enrollment directly through a website. He does not qualify for a subsidy. When I told him that he probably should have gone through an agent because an agent could help him, he became even ruder, became defensive, and said verbatim: "you know, you agents are funny. Help me? Help me how? Will you pay my monthly premium? Can you wave a magic wand and make the premium miraculously disappear? Can you beg for the company to give it to me for cheaper? I don't qualify for the subsidy, so you can't help me there. Please tell me in which damn way an agent could possibly help me? I'm looking at your BCBS plans and none of them are cheaper. So, please, how in the world can you help me?"

I won't lie, it stumped me a bit.

I feel like he was using me as an emotional punching bag. Probably didn't help that I called him around 6 PM on a saturday. He eventually got super frustrated and hung up.

I even once told him "I will talk turkey with you because I feel like you've had some bad experiences before. Let's talk man to man". He said "beautiful, I appreciate that". I thought saying that would diffuse him, but it didn't.

Anyway, I'm new and have very little experience in situations like this. What should I have done? Should I have realized he was just angry and I was an easy target, and put up with it until he calmed down, or should I have drawn a line and said something along the lines of, "sir, I can't help you if you will be rude to me, or take out your anger on me", or something like that? :no:

I dont know if I can solve all these problems, but i am here to help and i am on your side. lets see what i can do for you here.

Im going to take notes. I want to make sure they are detailed so please tell me everything youve been dealing with...

^ taking the spot light off you. creating a frame where you are on his side. best of all you are letting him burn himself out telling you about his stuff.

then listen. listen until he stops talking, then count to 2, then "wow. im really sorry that you had to deal with all that." ...."its really not acceptable"

"what im going to do for you is A. B and C."

----------

I don't have time for angry, dumb or rude clients. Let them find someone else to harass. When I encounter someone like that I cut the conversation short with something like "You know, you are right. There is nothing I can do to help. Have a nice day".

Click.

:cool:Im sorry if you are going to continue to talk to me in this manner im going to have to end the call.
:cool:Im sorry if you are going to continue to talk to me in this manner im going to have to end the call.
:cool:Im sorry if you are going to continue to talk to me in this manner im going to have to /.

I have the perfect way to deal with angry prospects and clients. I give them Rick's number and tell them, "He is a very compassionate and understanding person. You should give him a call"

I have the perfect way to deal with angry prospects and clients. I give them Rick's number and tell them, "He is a very compassionate and understanding person. You should give him a call"

So you lie to them is that what your saying :)

Back