Humana Cuts Me Out?

indmedins

Guru
100+ Post Club
Florida
Hi All!

I submitted an app to Humana yesterday. What I was told from my client was that she already was quoted the portrait plan from a Humana direct sales employee for $217, but did not want to pay the price.

She came in as a lead late yesterday afternoon. I explained and sold her on the Autograph Share 80 + Rx for $117. Put the app through, but after wards she tells me she had two Humana esignature emails. I wasn't aware she actually put an app in with Humana for the Portrait at $217. She signed my offer and we submitted the app.

This morning I woke up and this is the message I get from Humana:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"
06/28/2008 8:43AM

***Applicant has already applied under PDN ------------ offer has been made on that file.

This e-mail is to inform you that ------------'s HumanaOne application has been canceled and closed as we have not received the requested information from your client within the agreed upon time frame. Unfortunately, your client will need to reapply if they decide to pursue a HumanaOne plan.

Thank you,

HumanaOne Underwriting"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Will it be possible for me to become agent of record? Are they saying both applications were canceled and I have to reapply her? What happens here? Or, will Humana issue her policy that I signed her up on and cut me out?

Ironically, Humana was in the office to cancel my app, but not there to take calls.

She wants the plan I advised her on and not the Portrait. Thoughts? Assistance? Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes I have thoughts on Humana :mad: and none of them good! They always work to cut the independent agent out where they can.

If she applied, and was issued a plan thru H1 she is their client. They do not recognize AOR on first year business.

She can cancel the Portrait and change to Autograph but you will not be the agent.

Can't recall what the time frame is on cancelling, reapplying. Might be 60 days but don't take my word for it.

The only thing you can do if you want to get paid is to write something else, then come back (after the waiting period) and reapply for the Autograph plan.

FWIW, I had a client from a few months back that had applied with H1 when I talked with her. The policy had not been issued yet, pending additional details (can't recall, may have been just a phone interview). I sold her on another plan with H1 and we submitted the app. It was approved, effectively cancelling out the direct app.

FWIW, I had a client from a few months back that had applied with H1 when I talked with her. The policy had not been issued yet, pending additional details (can't recall, may have been just a phone interview). I sold her on another plan with H1 and we submitted the app. It was approved, effectively cancelling out the direct app.

This is similar. What happened was she called H1 early in the day. H1 took the app, but she never signed. She later becomes a lead in my system yesterday afternoon, we talk. I wrote her on Autograph and she signed mine. Her first app never hit underwriting. Mine did. I should be AOR, right? I am going to call them Monday and straighten this out. I can't write her on another plan because GR is $30/more a month and she won't go for it, I am sure as she was pinching pennies.

----------------------------------------------------

"Unfortunately, your client will need to reapply if they decide to pursue a HumanaOne plan."

This tells me I have to resubmit her all over again. To me, H1 dropped both apps.

----------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by xrac
Yes I have thoughts on Humana and none of them good! They always work to cut the independent agent out where they can.

And, this is a first with me and H1. They have been good with me so far. Never been cut out. The commish is low anyway, but I am out lead money and was counting on a sale there. Money is money and my time was wasted.

Last edited:
I've had them recognize (and pay me!) on an AOR while the case was in underwriting, but not after issue.

Same for me.

Have not found H1 to be anything but great to work with.

It says she was "quoted" not issued, so can't you just submit an entirely new app as it instructed?

It says she was "quoted" not issued, so can't you just submit an entirely new app as it instructed?

It appears to be that way, yes. It makes no sense to me to have to put a new app in when she actually signed my application. I'll find out Monday. I bet I'll have to resubmit the app all over again, but that will be better than not getting paid.

What was "the requested information" that was not received by H1? They keep apps open for 30 days before closing them out.

Something is not adding up here.

Back