Humana Cutting Commissions

Does the bulletin above mention group? Does it mention anything about UHC or any of the other carriers?

Does the bulletin above mention group? Does it mention anything about UHC or any of the other carriers?

When uhc sent their similar email they didn't say anything about group either. I called a representative who also said similar plans for groups were the same 0%. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

yeah, if they wanted to be written then they wouldn't lower their rates. they are now out and will be under the aetna structure next fall.

It's inly a matter of time till all individual biz will be non-commission able. Regroup and focus on other lines of business. . .

I'm a P&C guy and this is scary. Does this represent a small portion of your carriers thus it doesn't really matter? Or are your livelihoods literally going away?

So I am thinking that anything during open enrollment with an effective date of March 1st will be paid at the same commission rate. Anything after that will be considered pointless

Yes.

This is correct. Do you have any other skills that can generate money?

Does this represent a small portion of your carriers thus it doesn't really matter? Or are your livelihoods literally going away?

Four years ago a number of agents still believed their income would not be drastically impacted. That number has dwindled to the point that (my estimate) 90% of agents have decided 2016 is probably the last year to make a decent income from health insurance.

Look at it this way.

Most states require drivers to have minimum auto insurance coverage. Suppose that changed.

Minimum coverage no longer exists. Everyone must have full coverage including collision and liability with at least $1M limit.

Auto insurance policies must now include free maintenance ........... tires, brakes, oil changes, etc

No more SR-22. Everyone can buy insurance regardless of their risk classification and they cannot be charged more than the rate charged for "good" drivers

The govt will establish an online resource where you can buy auto insurance 24/7 without an agent. And ....... they will use taxpayer dollars to promote this market place and never mention agents.

Four years ago a number of agents still believed their income would not be drastically impacted. That number has dwindled to the point that (my estimate) 90% of agents have decided 2016 is probably the last year to make a decent income from health insurance.

Look at it this way.

Most states require drivers to have minimum auto insurance coverage. Suppose that changed.

Minimum coverage no longer exists. Everyone must have full coverage including collision and liability with at least $1M limit.

Auto insurance policies must now include free maintenance ........... tires, brakes, oil changes, etc

No more SR-22. Everyone can buy insurance regardless of their risk classification and they cannot be charged more than the rate charged for "good" drivers

The govt will establish an online resource where you can buy auto insurance 24/7 without an agent. And ....... they will use taxpayer dollars to promote this market place and never mention agents.

Don't give Obama any ideas.... :)

He may call it "Obamauto"

Back