Humana One Good or Bad?

That's per 10,000, not per 100...that equals out to 0.2%. I'll bet most of those people bought non-Rx policies and then complained when the Rx wasn't covered. I'd also bet most of the underwriting complaints across the board are valid and the people were just pissed off because they got declined.

Oh..in that case .2% is statistically insignificant, which means that every company now operating in Illinois has a good record. Thanks for clarifying this DGoldenz.
-AC

It is very simple.
A great insurance salesperson offers a choice of plans, desiring to make a new client that chooses the best.
An insurance company offers a choice of plans... maybe even increasing commissions at sake of paying claims.
The ulterior motive... Money - Stockholders - Profits

I'm currently in the process of getting appointed with Humana One and Golden Rule here in NC.
Right now I'm only appointed with Assurant and am looking for a better carrier to go with.
Any thoughts on Humana One or Golden Rule as far as premiums, underwriting or any hassels that have been experienced?

You won't find a better carrier than Assurant.

Oh, you meant CHEAPER?? Is that what you meant??
:nah:

I'm in NC, and typically end up writing the 3k-5k deductibles, which I'm Humana doesn't do with their copay plans. In NC, I usually go BCBS first, but carry UHC for declining deductible, Cigna now that they offer 10% rate ups, and don't seem to rider stuff out like UHC. Aetna is good with underwriting, but unless they have a health condition or two, have priced themselves out of the market, and Humana is ok for the 2500 and under deductibles.

you never know who'll make changes any given month or quarter, so might as well carry them all...

Noob....learn the biz

DGoldenz seemed to interpret the ratio accurately at .2%. Are you saying that .2% is a big deal? Since you obviously care about our welfare, can you give a brief synopsis of why .2% is a statistically significant complaint ratio, PeelerInsurance? Thanks in advance.
Allen Noob (Whatever that is...)

Just learned today that HumanaOne.com quotes a lower price for prospects that go there directly and buys without an agent. My prospect:

Female Age 59:
HumanaOne.com Direct = $248.34
Humana Thru Agent = $275.49

Difference is 10% - The Agent's Commission. Have never checked this out with any of the other big online sales companies. Does BCBS, Aetna, etc. sell cheaper directly to the public as well?

-AC

Back