Humana One Good or Bad?

Humana doesnt sell cheaper plans direct, not true. They may quote lower rates at preferred, but no markup thru an agent.

Mark is right.

H1 shows pref rates online. They do it through Quotit as well, and probably eHealth and Norvax.

Golden Rule does the same thing.

Sneaky, huh?

I don't care for it. Think carriers should quote std rates but life carriers do the same thing.

Want life insurance for a 40 yr old male, non-tobacco? Sure they will quote $18/mo for $500,000 term life but do you think many will qualify for that rate?

It is a sucker quote

Thanks for the explaination Somarco. When I saw that the price was 10% cheaper, it certainly looked like the H1 product was priced without the 10% commission factored in. Now that you mention it, I did run the quote in the Agent Area of H1 with STANDARD rates. The H1 website where customers run their own quotes don't offer standard or preferred. Clients wouldn't know what differentiates the two. Heck, I don't even know. I always quote Standard. If it comes out Preferred, that's good for the client and my reputation with them.-AC

Hey everyone. I have been looking getting into the medicare field. I had a call yesterday from a guy that worked with Humans. He is hiring agents to work in the wal marts in the country from October to December. Anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks for the explaination Somarco. When I saw that the price was 10% cheaper, it certainly looked like the H1 product was priced without the 10% commission factored in. Now that you mention it, I did run the quote in the Agent Area of H1 with STANDARD rates. The H1 website where customers run their own quotes don't offer standard or preferred. Clients wouldn't know what differentiates the two. Heck, I don't even know. I always quote Standard. If it comes out Preferred, that's good for the client and my reputation with them.-AC

Again... like i have said over and over you are a r.... oh screw it... lkearn the damn business nobb

I've replaced three Humana policies recently. All three clients sought me out to switch stating Humana was very difficult to work with and questioned paying even minor claims. Anyone else hear this from clients?

H1 shows pref rates online. They do it through Quotit as well, and probably eHealth and Norvax.

Golden Rule does the same thing.

Sneaky, huh?
It is a sucker quote

I call that the "teaser" rate to reel you in. As long as one person qualified for the rate these companies can legally advertise it. Deception at it's finest.

Probably 80% of my business has gone to Humana the last 3 years or so. I find them easier to work with than any other carrier.

Golden Rule used to be that way but they have been so far out of line (pricing) for the last 4 years there was no reason to even recommend them except when no one else would write the applicant.

Back