Individual Goals for Production in 2012

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
All of you still standing the in the individual health insurance business what is your production goal for 2012?

As Individual is not my main focus but a realistic goal is to put 120 new individual policies on the books.

What about you?

Just did a poll on which products agents were going to focus on more going into 2012. Results:

Individual/Family Health 17.73%
Term Life 17.02%
Med Supp / Med Advantage 16.31%
Final Expense 12.77%
Whole Life 12.06%
Critical Illness 9.93%
Group Health 7.09%
Long Term Care 4.26%
Other: 2.84%

Interesting Poll
17.73% on the individual side is surprising.
Is there really a market for whole life with interests rates where they are at?

Just did a poll on which products agents were going to focus on more going into 2012. Results:

Individual/Family Health 17.73%
Term Life 17.02%
Med Supp / Med Advantage 16.31%
Final Expense 12.77%
Whole Life 12.06%
Critical Illness 9.93%
Group Health 7.09%
Long Term Care 4.26%
Other: 2.84%

We can let the controversy begin, but things "are what they are." The truth of the matter is, commission reductions or not, health is one of the easiest products to sell and definitely one of the easiest to sell online.

And it's about the leads. Although maligned, especially by me, health leads still work. Through my contacts with agents who tried to dive out of health into life and senior markets, their biggest beef was coming to grips with the fact that they'd have to cold call or work their local markets.

The other gripe, especially regarding the senior market, was their impatience. It simply takes a bit long to build that book of business and I don't think a lot of agents have the time or financial commitment.

Frank talks about cold calling as one of the most effective methods for seniors. I agree. But we also have to agree with the fact that most agents simply are not going to cold call.

I have daily goals, not annual goals.

I will focus on Indy health but for the smart ones, GET OUT of Indy health and fast.

Life, disability and Final Expense are viable options. For those that choose to stay in the personal health market, OK... fine.

A buddy of mine is a CFO of an insurance company in Utah. He went to Oxford Business School. I'll ask him and post here.

Back