Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits

Reply to Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$     
Old 01-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: insurance404 is an Insurance Agent from Washington
Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$ Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$
I have a big enough book of individual health in Washington State I get invited to events with top executives.

That being said, the carries in WA are losing massively more money than they are willing to admit...they keep their mouths shut since they make 10X on Group Policies!

It was surprising to hear a top executive mention in a round about way that they are considering eliminating commissions...screwing us over, his words "you need to diversify in areas other than individual health quickly in the next 12 months"...interpret that statement as you want.

He had a few drinks in him so was a bit more candid than normal.

What are you doing to "Diversify"? Send me a PM and will share some of my plans as well (might as well share ideas together).
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$
Old 01-25-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Guru

State: Yagents is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Yagents is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$ Re: Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$
Originally Posted by insurance404 View Post

It was surprising to hear a top executive mention in a round about way that they are considering eliminating commissions...screwing us over, his words "you need to diversify in areas other than individual health quickly in the next 12 months"...interpret that statement as you want.
You're so sheltered in WA.
We got the same speech months ago.
And it came true last month, and hits the 0% mark on March 2nd in lots of states.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:35 PM   #3
Super Genius

State: mschlange is an Insurance Agent from
Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$
You have a data base of clients that have many needs
If interested we can talk about what I am doing and what I feel direction is to survive
Old 01-26-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
Guru
houcoogster on Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$

State: houcoogster is an Insurance Agent from Texas
houcoogster is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$ Re: Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$
Originally Posted by insurance404 View Post
I have a big enough book of individual health in Washington State I get invited to events with top executives.

That being said, the carries in WA are losing massively more money than they are willing to admit...they keep their mouths shut since they make 10X on Group Policies!

He had a few drinks in him so was a bit more candid than normal.

What are you doing to "Diversify"? Send me a PM and will share some of my plans as well (might as well share ideas together).
Ray Charles could've seen this coming, no drinks, no meetings, no executives needed!
Reply to Individual Health Carriers Losing Massive $$$ 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits

Tags
individual health